[61] "Mr. Cuddles."

♜♖♜ KAIDEN PARKER ♖♜♖

{6:34 pm} I'M STARTLED AWAKE TO THE sound of my phone going off beside me. I open my eyes and rub the gunk away before I check the text. I notice it's a text from Trent.

'Trent: Dinner's ready, Mr. Cuddles' 😝

I glance over at him in the kitchen and he shrugs. I chuckle softly as my fingers mash against the letters on my keyboard. 'Kaiden: You're such an idiot.' 🙄 'Why didn't you just call me into the kitchen?'

'Trent: Well, you and my sis were sleeping and my sis looks comfortable so I didn't want to disturb her with me yelling that dinner's ready' 😝

Meeting my brother-in-law's eyes, I roll mine and he shrugs, smirking at me. I glance down beside me and notice Dezerae is still sound asleep. She looked comfy so I tried to be really careful when I moved from the beanbag. Thankfully, it didn't wake her. Entering the kitchen, Aiden passes me an empty plate and I start piling the food on it. Once my plate is ready, I ask Trent, "Have Devin and KJ been helped yet?"

"Yep." He nods. "Jake got them situated at the table while I got Matthew a plate."

Nodding, I sit down beside Devin at the table and start digging in. "Hi, Daddy," Devin replies beside me as he smiles at me.

I beam at my mirrored image.

~ ~ ~

{7:34 pm} "She's still sleeping?" Trent and Jake ask in unison as they sit down on the couch across from the beanbag that Dezerae and I are laying in.

"Mm-hmm."

"You know she miscarried, but she's still having the signs," Trent replies after a moment's silence. "You think she's still pregnant?"

I shake my head. "Doubt it. Besides, things have been busy with our lives recently and we haven't had sex since. . ." Stroking the facial hair on my chin, I think back to the last time we had had sex. "Okay, it was, like, ten days ago that we had sex, but you know"—I shrug carelessly—"I used protection."

Trent shrugs and I glance down at my wife. She stirs in her sleep and cuddles in closer to my side. Delicately, I turn onto my side and tug her close. "Babe, are you feeling okay?" I whisper as I brush my fingers through her messy, dark hair.

"Mm-hmm." She nods faintly as she rests her head against my chest and closes her eyes again. I gently kiss her forehead as I whisper, "I love you, I'm always going to be here for you."

Meeting my eyes, she beams at me. "I love you too, I'm always going to be here for you too."

♥︎♡♥︎ DEZERAE PARKER ♡♥︎♡

{9:13 pm} Leaning against the doorframe of Devin and KJ's room, I observe silently as my hottie tucks them both in Devin's bed and kisses their foreheads. (They've been on their best behavior these past couple days so we decided to allow them to have a sleepover in Devin's bed tonight. And personally, I think KJ gets a better night's sleep if he sleeps in the same bed as his brother.) The boys shut their eyes. Sitting down silently at the end of Devin's bed, Kaiden leans forward slightly and starts brushing his fingers through his oldest sons' hair. Suddenly, Devin's eyes snap open and he sits up, pointing to me. "Daddy, I want you and Mama to read me a story!" he demands softly in his baby voice.

Opening his eyes as well and sitting up, KJ nods along and mimics his big brother, smiling widely at Kaiden.

Grinning at my offsprings, I push off from leaning against the doorframe and go sit down in Kaiden's lap, wrapping my arms around his neck. "What book do y'all want us to read to you?" I ask in a motherly tone as I lightly brush my thumb against my hubby's cheek.