[52] We've Been Through Hell, Babe, And It Always Been You.

♜♖♜ KAIDEN PARKER ♖♜♖

{12:41 pm} "MATTHEW WANTS TO SPEND SOME time with his cousins," Trent replies, sitting on the other end of the couch that isn't currently occupied. "Can I take Devin and KJ to the park with us?"

"That's fine with me," Dezerae nods. She turns her undivided attention to me, cocking an eyebrow. "I don't care," I answer, turning my undivided attention to my best friend A.K.A. brother-in-law. "I think it'd be good for Devin and KJ to spend some time with their cousin and uncle. Besides, there's something I want to go do and I guess me and Dezerae can do it while you're out with the boys."

"What do we have to go do?" Dezerae asks, providing me a come apart look.

I'm about to answer her, but I'm cut off by the sound of the front door opening and a female's voice acknowledging, "I'm here!" Seconds later, her acknowledgment is followed by, "Hi, Jakey!" We glance up and realize it's Nova and Jace (Jake's girlfriend and her son.) Jake walks past us and gives his girlfriend hug. "Hey, baby," he replies. "How was your drive over?"

"Fine," she answers, shrugging. "I really appreciate you watching Jace while I go to this important meeting for work and run a few errands."

Jake beams at her. "Bye, baby," Nova replies to her son, leaning down slightly and kissing his forehead. "Be good for Dad. . .," she pauses and glances at us and then turns her attention back to her son. "For Jake. I'll be back in a little bit. Love you." She ruffles his dark hair lightly.

"Love you too," Jace whispers, glancing up at his mom from his iPod Touch and smiling.

Jake pecks Nova's lip and then she leaves.

Jake turns to Jace and smiles. "Trent and I are taking Devin, KJ and Matthew to the park and Aiden's coming with us too. Do you want to come with us?"

Jace glances up at Jake and smiles. "Sure, Jakey."

Jake smiles at him.

~ ~ ~

{1:14 pm} "It's so quiet with the boys being gone," I acknowledge as I plop down beside Dezerae on the couch.

"Mm-hmm." She nods. "Now, you never told me what we have to go do while Jake, Trent, and Aiden are gone with the boys. What is it?" I smirk softly at her as I grasp her hand and tug her upstairs to our room with me. "What are you doing?" she asks after I drop her hand and begin searching through the large drawer on our small desk.

"Ah-ha!" I tug the binder out with my tattoo drawings in it and pull out the small sheet I need. Turning to face my wife, I show it to her.

"It says 'Dezerae'. Why is it just my name?"

"We've been through hell, babe, and it's always been you. Psh, it always will be you. I want to get this tattooed on me so I can show people that I didn't go through hell by myself. I want you to come with me and be there while I get this tattoo."

Smiling, she nods. "I just need to take a quick shower and get dressed," she answers. "It shouldn't take me long." I wink flirtatiously at her. Rolling her eyes, she situates her hands on her hips. "What?"

"Saving water is always nice for the environment," I acknowledge.

She crosses her arms across her chest. "No, Kaiden."

"But-but, I wanna join my baby in the shower." I provide her my pouty face as I jet my bottom lip out.

"Can I not do one thing that doesn't turn into sex?" she asks, cocking an eyebrow. "All I want to do is get clean."