[7] "I Lied."

♥︎♡♥︎ DEZERAE ALLOCCO ♡♥︎♡

I WAS SITTING IN LIVING room with the baby monitor beside me when KJ's cries are picked up. "Daddy!?" he cries.

"Babe?" I ask, turning my attention to look in the kitchen.

"Yeah?" he asks as he peers up at me from reading something on the back of the cereal box.

"KJ's awake," I reply. "And he's calling for you."

He nods. Standing up, he shoots me a smile and then disappears upstairs. I switch the baby monitor off and turn my attention back to the TV. Five minutes later, I hear Devin's voice. "Mama!?"

"I'm in the living room, honey," I call back as I pause my show – 'Friends'.

Devin comes running into the living room and jumps on my lap. "Hi, Mama," he greets as he smiles at me.

"Hey, bud. Did you have a nice nap?"

Devin nods and that's when Kaiden sits down beside me with a still half asleep KJ on his shoulder. "Aw, KJ doesn't look like he feels good," I respond, gently placing my hand on his forehead. When I do that, I can feel it's warm. "Have you taken his temperature?" He shakes his head. "I'll go upstairs and grab it." Kaiden nods and I sit Devin down beside his dad before I stand up and go upstairs. Retrieving the thermometer, I bring it back downstairs with me and hand it to Kaiden. He smiles at me before he sticks the thermometer under KJ's tongue. After a minute, it beeps. Kaiden takes it out and shows me his temperature. It said 100.8. "Poor baby," I whisper, taking my fingers and brushing them through KJ's hair.

"Mama, is Baba sick?" Devin asks, standing up on the couch cushion and getting right in my face.

"Yeah, buddy, your brother's sick," I reply.

Devin frowns at me before he sneezes straight into my face. "Awh, Devin," I complain as I scoot away from him and wipe his spit off my face.

"Torry, Mama," he whispers.

I give him a small smile before I sit back down to continue watching 'Friends'.

The intro song for 'Friends' had just started playing when the front door is opened and I hear Destiny crying on the phone. "Babe, I'm freaking out right now," I hear her say. "Why won't your boss let you leave early?"

I hear my brother sigh loudly into the receiver and then he answers her. 'Why does my brother have to be so loud?' I thought.

"Alright," Destiny answers in a choked-up voice. "Just text me and let me know if your boss lets you leave early. I'll be around."

I hear Trent's muffled voice say something and Destiny blushes. (So it was more than likely inappropriate.) "Babe, your sister and Kaiden are in the room," she whispers. "But that'd be romantic later. I love you too. Bye."

The call ends and Destiny hangs up, slipping her phone in her purse. Dropping her purse and keys on the counter, she sets Matthew down and releases a frustrated sigh. Unfortunately, the second Matthew releases Destiny isn't holding him anymore, he starts screaming, "Momma, up!" And reaching up for her.

"Baby," Destiny sighs. "Momma has to get your antibiotic out to give to you, give me a second."

"Momma!" Matthew cries as he continues to reach up for her.

I pass the remote to Kaiden and then stand up to go in the kitchen. "Come here, bud," I reply, crouching down and picking him up. "Let Momma do what she has to do and then she'll hold you."

Destiny shoots me a thankful smile before she goes over to the sink to do what she has to do. Matthew stops crying and rests his head against my shoulder. "So, what news did you get that's freaking you out?"