[4] "No Promises."

♥︎♡♥︎ DEZERAE ALLOCCO ♡♥︎♡

CARLOS AND WHITNEY ARE THE first guests to arrive. "Hey, girl," I greet, giving her a friendly hug.

"I'm so excited for tonight!" Whitney replies gleefully as she follows Destiny and I to the basement. (Carlos brought over another keg for us to use tonight, so one of the guys let him in through the basement door and Trent, Jake, Aiden, and Kaiden are already down there, helping him set it up.)

I had just got myself situated on the big, black leather 'L' shaped couch when Whitney bends down beside me and Destiny. "There's something I want to tell y'all. Will y'all, please, follow me to the bathroom?" she whispers, providing us a curious look.

Nodding, we follow Whitney into the bathroom and she silently shuts the door. "What is it?" Destiny asks, smiling at her.

Whitney exhales a shaky breath and a couple tears roll down her face. "I'm pregnant," she whispers after a moment's silence.

After she says that, Destiny and I release two loud, excited shrieks as we hug her. She swiftly signals for us to be quiet and we give her a small, apologetic smile before wrapping her up into a hug. "That's great!" we reply. "Have you told him yet?"

She shakes her head. "I, like, literally, found out this morning," she replies softly. "I'm only, like, two weeks along, I don't want to tell him and then have a miscarriage, you know? Besides, Carlos was released from East Mesa just last month. I don't think he's ready for this yet. Psh, I'm 'not' ready for this yet; I'm only 23."

"Aw, sweetie, it's going to be okay," I reply, rubbing her arm. "He'll probably be shocked when you tell him, but he'll be happy."

Whitney exhales a deep, shaky breath as she slowly nods. Destiny and I give her another hug. "We love you, Whitney," we inform. "Being pregnant is such a beautiful thing."

"The delivery isn't," Destiny mutters, cringing just thinking about how she'll be going through that in a few months.

Whitney gives us a small smile and then we exit the bathroom. Entering the basement kitchenette/bar, I spot Kaiden coming over to me with a red solo cup in his hand and a large, cheerful smile on his face. "Hey, babe," he replies, slinging his arm across my shoulders and kissing my cheek.

I grin at him and then steal his solo cup from him to take a sip. The moment the liquid goes down my throat, I dry heave. "Gross." I give him the cup back and cringe. "What's in there?"

"Alcohol, duh," Kaiden answers, smirking at me.

I give him an unamused glare before I roll my eyes at his childish behavior. "No shit Sherlock," I reply. "What type of alcohol is it?"

"Jack and coke," he replies and I make a fake puking noise. "I'm drinking tonight, but I promise I won't drink 'that much'."

"Whatever you say, babe," I respond, patting his chest.

He inhales and then exhales a deep breath quickly as he rolls his eyes at me. Smirking lightheartedly at him, I blow him a kiss and then skip over to where Whitney and Destiny are.

♜♖♜ KAIDEN PARKER ♖♜♖

I lean against one of the bar counters in the basement living room with Trent, Jake, Aiden, and Carlos as I watch my attractive, stunning fiancé dance freely with Whitney and Destiny to 'Trap Queen' by: 'Fetty Wrap'. Watching her reminds of that night that – what I would say – changed our lives forever.

I zone out for a second as I reminisce back to that time back in 2013 when it was a couple hours into my party and when I asked her to dance and then we admitted we liked each other come rushing back.