[16] "Sacrificing Your Sleeping Time Will Definitely Be Worth It."

♜♖♜ KAIDEN PARKER ♖♜♖

{Friday, February 16, 2018}

QUIETLY, I CLIMB OUT OF bed and shuffle into the bathroom. It's currently 12:20 am and I want to be on the road by 2:00 am. That way Dez and I make it to our destination by 7:00 or so. (I know check in at our hotel isn't until, like, 11:00, I think; but we can explore the city some.) I got up before Dez that way I can get ready and let her sleep several extra minutes. I'm going to be waking her up in about twenty minutes so she can shower and grab her last minute things. I just pray that she sticks to her promise and doesn't take forever to get ready.

{12:28 am} After my eight-minute shower, I dry off and throw my plain black boxers on before going over to our dresser. I grab my solid black athletic shorts and my solid grey tee that said: 'Clearwater High Home of the Tornados'. I throw that on and then shuffle quietly downstairs to the second floor. I knock lightly on my mom's bedroom door. "Mom, you up?"

After a few seconds, I hear some shuffling and then the door opens. "Hi, honey," my mom replies before smiling at me. "What's up?"

It only takes me a second to realize she's wearing plain black cotton shorts, a plain white camisole tank, a blue tie dyed sports bra, plain white, fuzzy slippers, and a solid, black, silky robe (that wasn't tied). Additionally, her long, dark brown hair is thrown up into a bun on top of her head, so it's up and out of her face. She looks very comfortable. I fork over a small smile. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I ask as I cock an eyebrow and turn my small smile into an apologetic look.

Mom shakes her head. "Nah, I was actually just talking with your brother," she answers. She turns slightly and gestures to him. Aiden shoots me a smile and a wave. I chuckle. "So, what did you need, sweetie?"

"I'm going to be waking Dezerae up soon," I reply. "I really want to be on the road by 2:00. So I thought I'd just come let you know that. Here's the baby monitor so you can listen for whenever Devin and/or KJ wakes up."

My mom smiles at me as she takes the baby monitor from me. "Thanks, honey. I hope y'all enjoy your weekend away. How long are y'all going to be away for again?"

"Four nights. I think we're coming back Tuesday." Then, I smile at my mom.

Things between us are quiet for a moment and I'm about to turn around, but Aiden speaks up. "Mom, he's right there," Aiden replies from over yonder. "Go ahead and ask him."

Stopping from turning around, I cock an eyebrow as I give my mom a curious look. "Ask me what?"

My mom sighs as she beckons me over to her bed. I go over and plop down beside Aiden. "So, what is it?"

My mom sighs softly as she fidgets with her fingers for a second before meeting my gaze. "I was just talking with Aiden about this, but I honestly have no where to really go home to at the end of my time here so I was wondering if I could stay here until I find my own place. Maybe my own place close to here so I'm able to be part of my grandsons' life."

"It's not up to me," I reply. "This isn't my house; Jake and Trent were the ones who purchased it and they asked Dezerae and I to move in with them. So you'd have to ask their permission. But honestly if it was up to me, I'd totally let you."

My mom smiles at me. "Well, I guess I'll ask them sometime this weekend."

I smile at my mom and then stand up as I check the time. "Well, I'm going back upstairs," I reply. "Thanks for helping Aiden, Trent, Destiny, and Jake out with the boys this weekend," I reply before smiling at my mom.

My mom smiles back. "You're welcome, honey. I hope you and Dezerae have a wonderful time."

I smirk slightly at Aiden (luckily my mom doesn't catch it) and he rolls his eyes before I turn around and exit the room.