[14] "I Love You Kaiden and Aiden, I Am Extremely Blessed To Be Y'all's Mama."

♜♖♜ KAIDEN PARKER ♖♜♖

{Thursday, February 15, 2018}

I CAN'T BELIEVE TODAY IS the day my mom flies in to stay with us for the next week. I'm actually kind of nervous to see her again since it's been about five years. Five years since I've seen her last. I'm honestly a little petrified to see her reaction when she realizes that I've found my identical twin brother and that he's now more avid in my life. Her plane lands between 12:00 and 12:30 so I still have time to get the house ready and practice with my sons' how they're going to react when they see her.

I'm chilling downstairs in the living room with Aiden, Trent, Devin, KJ, and Matthew. (Destiny and Dezerae are both still upstairs asleep. So Trent and I got up with the boys and left our fiancé's upstairs to sleep some more. And Jake's at work.)

"Are you nervous?" I ask, peering at my reflection.

"Slightly," Aiden answers, fidgeting with his class ring on his finger. "It's been what? Twenty-two years since Mom last saw me, I honestly don't know how she's going to react when she sees me."

I give him a weak smile as I place my hand on his shoulder. "It's okay, bro," I reassure. "I'm right here."

Aiden smiles at me and then gives me a side hug. "I love you, man," he responds. "Thanks for everything you've done for me since I found you."

I smile back at him. "I love you too, man," I reply. "And you're welcome."

~ ~ ~

{11:54 am} I had just stepped out of the shower when my phone vibrates on the counter. Wrapping a towel around my waist, I pick my phone up to click it on and notice it's a text from my mom.

Mom: 'My flight landed early and I just got my luggage from baggage claim. Who's picking me up?'

Kaiden: 'I just stepped out of the shower and I think Dezerae's napping with the boys right now, so you'll have to either order a Lyft or I can send Trent or Jake to come get you.'

Mom: 'I'll probably order a Lyft.'

Kaiden: 'Do you want me to order it for you to pick you up?'

Mom: 'It's fine, I'll order it. Thanks though. Be there soon!'

I smile at that and then enter our bedroom. That's where I find Dezerae laying on her back on her side of the bed and she's fast asleep with KJ cuddled up and him resting his head on her chest and Devin is sleeping on my pillow. "Awh, that's so adorable," I mutter, opening the camera on my phone and snapping a few pictures of them. I then post one on Instagram and for the description I put: 'I am so in love with this woman ❤️ She's an amazing mama to my kids and I'm beyond blessed to call her mine (and in thirty-three days I'll be blessed to call her my wife!) I love her and my son's so much! ❤️' I tag Dezerae in it and upload it. I then go on Facebook and add the same picture and put the same exact description to my 'My Life in 2018' album. I also tag Dezerae it in and then upload it. After that, I enter the closet to put clothes on.

~ ~ ~

Dezerae, Devin, and KJ are now awake and the boys are playing on the living room floor while Dezerae cuddles up beside me on the couch. I was in the middle of playing with her hair when I hear voices outside. Dezerae moves away from me and I stand up to stretch. As I stretch I hear a couple of my muscles pop and I release a relieved sigh. From the corner of my eye, I watch as Dezerae stands up as well and goes to pick Devin and KJ up. "Y'all grandma is here," she replies, smiling widely at the boys.