[39] "Weddings Are Exhausting; Marrying My Best Friend Is Exhausting."

♜♖♜ KAIDEN PARKER ♖♜♖

{7:46 pm} IT TOOK US EXACTLY AN hour to get to the airport, it took us another twenty minutes to find parking, and another twenty-five minutes to get our boarding passes and all our luggage checked in. Now that that's all done, Dezerae and I have our carry on bags and we're sitting a few rows away from our gate. "Damn, I did not expect it to take us forty-five minutes to get all this done," I comment. "No wonder I try not to fly that often."

Giggling softly beside me, Dez leans over and lightly kisses my cheek. "At least we got it done and now we can wait for our flight to board," she replies.

"Mm-hmm."

She yawns softly as she leans her head against my shoulder and closes her eyes. "It's not even eight yet, but I'm so exhausted," she complains. "Wedding's are exhausting; marrying my best friend is exhausting. But I'm so happy to be going on my honeymoon now with my hubby."

I chuckle beside her. "Rest your eyes, beautiful," I inform, grabbing her hand and rubbing my thumb against her middle finger. "We still have awhile before our flight boards." I peer down at her.

"Mm."

She closes her eyes again as I press my lips against the top of her head.

As she rests against me, I lean against the armrest as I play "Scrabble" on my phone.

~ ~ ~

{11:15 pm} 'Oh, shit!' I thought as the feeling of my bladder about to explode washes through me. "Psst, babe?"

"Hm?" she mumbles, shifting her head slightly against my arm.

"I have to take a piss and our flight will hopefully be boarding soon," I reply.

She grumbles softly as she sits up and rubs her eyes. Kissing her cheek, I stand up and venture off to the bathroom.

♥︎♡♥︎ DEZERAE PARKER ♡♥︎♡

As I watch my hubby walk off, I lightly touch my stomach and sigh.

"Are you okay, honey?" I hear a lady ask beside me.

Turning to face her, I meet her soft brown eyes as I nod slowly and ask in a quiet tone, "Is it okay to fly with a baby?"

She smiles kindly at me. "Please, call me Brenda," the kind lady acknowledges. "And, yes it's okay to fly with a baby. Where is the baby?"

Blushing slightly, I answer quietly, "The baby isn't physically here yet. I'm pregnant."

Brenda grins widely at me. "Congratulations! How far along are you?"

"I'm three weeks," I answer. Anxiously, I rub the back of my neck as I continue, "I actually found out this morning."

Brenda gives me another wide grin. "Well, congratulations on your first pregnancy. Also, congratulations on your marriage and you going on your honeymoon."

"How-How'd you guess that we're newly weds and we're going on our honeymoon?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow.

Brenda chuckles as she gently pats my hand with her cold, soft one. "Well, I heard when you told your husband that marriage is exhausting and I could also tell by the looks that y'all had in your eyes when you first sat down. Gosh, I remember when my late husband and I were going on our honeymoon and how someone commented on us on it. Those are the sweet memories I like remembering."

Giggling softly, I smile at Brenda. "This is actually my fourth pregnancy," I whisper, glancing down at the ground as I blush bright red again. After a moment and my face has cooled down, I glance back up at Brenda and realize she has a look of shock plastered across her face. Sighing, I continue, "I got pregnant at 16, but I miscarried a couple weeks later. A few months later I find out that I was pregnant again. A lot happened during my pregnancy and I ended up going into labor at six months and I delivered the baby premature. About a year or so after that, I got pregnant again and carried my third baby to full-term. My husband is the same guy that got me pregnant at 16, so we've been together for the past five years. But he still doesn't know about this and I would really appreciate it if you didn't mention anything about it to him."