Liam's POV

Nothing is like what I sought. It's like no one understood what I really desired when I said I wanted a girlfriend. What was going through Simon's head when he brought Belle and made her sign the contract? My plan wasn't to hire someone to be with me. All I requested from him was to find a hot girl, someone who would be willing to be with me, plus someone who could be my date for the premiere. Of course, I couldn't express my real intentions when the whole contract signing happened. A man has his pride after all.

Moreover, I never expected someone like Belle. Why would they get someone who hates my guts or even the sight of me? That makes no sense. She is really forced to be with me, she's constantly reminding me this is a job for her. I didn't want that. I didn't want any of this but I can't make myself go to Simon and tell him to cancel the contract because the thought of never seeing Belle again makes me angry. Annoying as she might be, mean and dense, I don't want her to disappear from my life because she's the first person who's had the guts to fight back in a while, to stop and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've felt that no one cares enough for so long and that I can do whatever I want because no one would dare to stop me, but Belle dares. Not only that, she scolds me and even tries to teach me the difference between being considerate and desperate for acceptance.

I think what makes me angry and the reason why I don't want her to leave is because she doesn't like me. She doesn't care about who I am or how famous I am, she just doesn't like me because of the way I act. I know it's kind of twisted, but it's refreshing to know a person is judging you only for the things that you do and not for the person you are. For almost four years, people have treated me with respect and as if I were someone important, and because no one ever gave a damn about me before it feels like they are all a bunch of hypocrites. At first it was nice, then it started to feel fake so I just rejoiced in everyone's attention, knowing it wasn't real. They didn't care about the real me, they just heard my name and cared about status. So I did what the hell I wanted and stopped caring about being a good guy, always nice so people would like me, because I didn't need that anymore. People would like me whether I was nice or a jerk, so I might as well enjoy the ride.

But Belle, that stubborn and proud girl doesn't care about my name, she's not afraid to tell me she doesn't like me and she would give everything to be done with me, and that makes me want her to like me even more. She says I look like I'm desperate for approval and maybe I am, but that is not necessarily a bad thing, right?

So that's why I'm trying with her, I'm actually listening and trying to improve in those areas she says I'm lacking, because I want her to see I'm not just a stuck up jerk. I can learn and I can improve. I won't be the same fool as before, but I can control myself in order to have better relationships with everyone.

I want her to forget this is a job for her, I want her to enjoy her time with me and even miss me when I'm not around anymore. I want her to have fun and stop hating me. And for that I have to be considerate, show her I'm not trying to buy her but just please her because I like her and I want to do something nice for her. So where could she like it? She's not the type that would enjoy a party or a fashion show. I mean, she would do fine but it's not something she'd love. A book release party maybe? That could work, she loves books, after all.

That's why I ask Zayn if he knows of something like this coming up, he's the only one who's into that industry, but he suggests this new exhibition in the Museum Of London and after I think about it I realise Belle would indeed love it. She's that type. I feel a bit annoyed that Zayn has no trouble thinking of a place Belle would love. He's met her once and he seems to know her better.

So I take Belle to this exhibition for our first month together and I'm ready to bore to death. She really needs to acknowledge my sacrifice because there's no way I would go to a place like this unless it's to please someone.