Chapter 15 - Introductions

I blink and stay in silence for fifteen seconds. I think I'm even holding my breath but I just can't believe what he told me. He dared to pretend on a date he asked for, with a girlfriend he requested. If he wanted to pretend why did he even bother? Seriously, what's wrong with him?

Disappointed? Oh no, that's not the right feeling. I'm pissed! He made me believe for even a second that he could be nice and that we could have a good time. How stupid of me. Of course this prick can't be nice and considerate in real life. It had to be a charade and I can't believe I bought it. I fucking bought it!

My rage raises and boils inside of me, making me clench my fists so tight that my nails are burying in my flesh but I don't care.

Acting! He was acting!

I snort and unbuckle my seatbelt before opening the door and storming out. I slam it close channelling all my frustration in that action.

Stupid prick!

"Oi! What was that for?!" he shouts from the car, not even bothering to get down, just pulling his window down.

"You're insufferable!" is all I say before stomping inside the building where my home is. I don't care what else he says, I don't care I even left the books in his car. I don't even want the books anymore. I don't want anything from him. I was naïve for letting myself believe him for a second. Of course someone who just demanded for a girlfriend because he was just too lazy and abnormal to find one himself can't be considerate and nice. What was I thinking?!

Ugh, I'm such a fool!

I don't know whom I'm the angriest at, Liam or myself.

This is a job, I can’t lose sight of that, I’m just doing this for my father. To help him. To give him a chance. Yes, I decided to teach Liam some manners so my time doing this wouldn’t be so horrid, but that doesn’t mean I have to enjoy or try to enjoy it. That isn’t part of the deal. I don’t have to like him, I just have to tolerate him and this will be over before I notice. All I have to do is make sure the media buys this charade. I have to be the perfect girlfriend for them and that’s why my father suggested me for this job, because he knows I can handle people. I don’t have friends not because I don’t know how to make friends or because I’m asocial, I just don’t care about people and having meaningless and depthless relationships. But I know how to deal with people, how to be polite and charming and that’s what I’m going to be. I’ll be the one pretending. I’ll be the perfect girlfriend. Me. Because I was the one hired to act, not Liam. He has no reason to pretend because he chose this, he wasn’t pushed into this fake relationship.

Who does he think he is? Uh?

Stupid prick.

•••

The make up artist makes my chair turn after she finishes with my makeup and I can see my reflection on the mirror. I look natural and sophisticated and at the same time I look important, I look beautiful and I smile at the girl in the mirror because I approve of what the makeup artist did with me. I know that anyone can be beautiful with the right makeup, I just never had the right makeup on me. Appearance is for the rest, caring about how others see you is just a desperate need for acceptance and I don’t need that, hence I never cared much about how I looked, I just cared about how comfortable I felt with certain clothes and makeup.

“Thank you very much,” I say to the woman who did this with my hair and makeup. I totally forgot her name and I’m too ashamed to ask her again.

“It was my pleasure, Belle. Opposite to the lads, you stay still and it’s so easy to work with you. I wish they would behave a little bit,” she complains and I chuckle.