Chapter Twenty-One: Rants, confessions, and the perfect moment

*Macy's POV*

I nervously drum my fingers on the arm of the couch. Cayton is due home any minute now, and I still have no idea what he wants to tell me. I've run through about thirty different scenarios since we've gotten home, and no amount of TV is distracting me.

I tried playing some games on my phone, but that didn't work either. I also found that I had ten missed calls from my mother, and seven texts. I text her back, making up a lie that I lost my phone charger for the past two weeks. After interrogation started, I decided it would be easier to worry over what Cayton was telling me.

My mind kept reminding me of all the possibilities. Most of them consist of him telling me that it's over, that he's through with me. Another one is that he's going to tell me some old flame is back in the picture.

That one is quite a possibility, actually. Who knows how many past girls there are? And I don't even want to think about the whole tree house thing. Just the thought of some other girl who was up their before me replacing me makes me both angry and sad at the same time.

I couldn't really convince my pessimistic mind to think of anything positive, so I'm left with a sick feeling in my stomach and a small ache in my heart at the thought of him breaking up with me. Can you break up with a soul mate?

"Macy, would you calm down? I told you, it's nothing to be worried about," Tami assures me.

"Sorry, I can't help it. My brain won't shut up." I admit. "And I swear, if he tells me that there's some werewolf girl, I'm going to get a round of silver bullets." My anger decides to come out at this point.

"Damn Macy, that's cruel. I can promise you, that if he was cheating on you, the news would spread like wildfire. Everyone already knows he's taken," she shrugs.

"Everyone? How?"

"Like I said, news spreads like wildfire."

That thought did give me a little peace of mind, but not much.

Damn it, I wish he would just get here already and put me out of my misery!

Luna... The word pops up into my mind. What if he's having second thoughts about me being Luna? He should know better than anyone that I'm not exactly suited for the role. And I guess the popcorn, sticky notes, starving, among countless other things I've done here don't exactly help my case.

After a few more minutes of nervous drumming, the front door opens and Cayton steps through.

*Cayton's POV*

"Hey Princess," I say, kissing the top of Macy's head. She looks up and smiles nervously, which causes me to frown. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she says, her tone implying that something is wrong. Her fingers are playing with the hem of her shirt, something I've noticed she does when she's nervous. I don't know if she notices she does it or not, but it's a dead giveaway.

"Something's wrong. What is it? Did something happen while you were out?" I ask, sitting down on the couch next to her and pulling her onto my lap. She rests her head on my chest, not saying anything else.

"She thinks you're cheating on her because I told her you had something to tell her," Tami says casually.

"Tami! You don't just tell people that I think they're cheating on me!" Macy says, lifting her head up to glare at Tami.

"Wait, you think I'm cheating on you?" I ask in disbelief. Just the idea of doing anything remotely close to that hurts. And it doesn't make my wolf too happy either.