Chapter Fourteen: Birthday fun- Part two

*Macy's POV*

"Where are we?" The sun is just about to set, and Hunter had parked the car on the side of the road thirty minutes ago. We're just walking through this town going to nowhere in particular.

"In town," Tami replies nonchalantly.

"No shit Sherlock. I mean, are we just going to walk around all day or...?" Seriously, we have been walking in circles the entire time.

"Patience, young one." I roll my eyes and stop walking, causing Hunter to crash into my back and Tami to stop leading the way.

"But my feet hurt! Why did you make me wear heels?" I whine.

"Because they make your legs look good. Now stop whining and go sit on that bench. I'll be back in a second."

I groan and follow Hunter in the opposite direction that Tami goes. We sit down and I claim his lap as a foot rest, laying my aching feet down. All this walking is boring, and I'm ready to go home. I'm sure Cayton is wondering where we are. Last time we were gone for only four hours and he almost had a panic attack, but I haven't heard from him all day. I know he's busy with work and stuff but I figured he would check on us or something.

"I say we ditch Tami and go home," I say. I kind of surprise myself when I refer to Cayton's as home, but I don't correct it. And of course I don't want to ditch Tami, but damn it, the girl is a ball of energy and I just want to get my lazy ass in bed.

"As much as I would love to get punched by Trenton for doing that, we can't. Just wait a minute, part two hasn't happened yet."

"Wait, you know what part two is?"

"Yea."

"Tell me!" I demand, grabbing the collar of his shirt and yanking on it.

"Gah, stop woman! It's a surprise!" He hits my hands away and I huff, crossing my arms over my chest and pouting like a five year old.

"I hate surprises," I grumble.

"I bet you will like this one."

"Can I at least ha-"

"Macy, get your fine ass over here!" Tami suddenly yells from down the street, getting a few curious looks and a handful of glares from some mothers covering their children's ears. Like I've said before, Tami isn't easily embarrassed. I, however, wish I was invisible at this moment. Hunter pokes my leg with his finger, telling me to go.

"You're not coming?" I ask him. He shakes his head with a knowing smile on his face. I give him a confused look, about to ask him why, but he shoos me away with his hands before I can.

I go to where Tami is standing, outside of some restaurant called 'Mark and Fran's Café'. Hey, I didn't know they own a restaurant! They were who Carter and Trenton took Trina to the day of my kidnapping, abduction, whatever you want to call it.

"And welcome to part two," she bows, pushing the door open for me. The bell dings and I step in and immediately gasp.

The room is dark, only lit by candles spread around the room. All the tables are cleared, only leaving one in the center of the room with a bouquet of roses in the center. Soft music is playing, contributing to the romantic atmosphere.

"Tami... Am I missing something here?" Did she organize a romantic dinner for two? "I mean, you're my best friend and all but I can't say that a romantic dinner is something I do with friends..." I turn around to see the door shut, Tami nowhere in sight. I just stare at the door for a second, wondering if I'm in the wrong place.

Just as I'm about to leave, a warm hand brushes my hair to the side from behind me, and a pair of lips come into contact with my neck. If it weren't for the round of chills sent down my spine and the usual warmth and butterflies, I would have screamed. But I know these feelings almost as second nature now, and they have only been caused by one other person.