Chapter Eighteen: I don't even know

*Macy's POV*

If there was a mini-fridge located in the closet, I would be perfectly content on staying in my room and thinking this through some more.

It has been exactly twelve hours, thirty two minutes, and nine seconds since I found out I'm in a house with werewolves. And yes, I have been keeping track.

After Tami explained everything—well, almost everything—she left me alone and I stayed locked up, just thinking.

You would think with that much time to think, I would have come to a conclusion. But I didn't. Most of the time, I was sleeping anyways. Sleeping, and waking up every hour. I guess I've kind of become accustomed to Cayton sleeping with me, and it was weird without him. That didn't change my mind though.

Now I'm taking a chance, and leaving the safety of my room to get some breakfast. Or lunch, I guess.

It's not a surprise to find that the whole gang is here. Trenton and Tami are in the living room, cuddled on the couch watching TV, while Hunter and Carter are sitting on the stools. Cayton is across from them looking half asleep.

I briefly wonder if he got about as much sleep as I did.

When I hit the landing, all conversation stops and an awkward silence settles in the room. Everyone is watching me, but I make sure to keep my eyes on my feet. Without a word, I walk to the kitchen.

I can feel all eyes on my back as I skim through the cabinets, making me extremely uncomfortable and a little self-conscious. My hair hasn't seen a brush since yesterday, and I'm still in the same clothes, so I'm not exactly an amazing sight.

I grab a pack of Ramen Noodles. Fill up a pot with water, and set it on the stove to boil.

Awkward, this is so awkward, I think. No one is saying anything, and I still feel their eyes on my back, but I refuse to turn around.

I'm confused at the moment, because I'm not sure whether I'm mad at them for keeping this a secret from me, or if I'm just scared. I think if I was scared though, I wouldn't have had the guts to step out of my room.

I know they had their reasons for not telling me, but that doesn't make it ok.

Then again, I couldn't expect them to have just come out and say 'We're werewolves' in the beginning.

So my feelings toward the subject are completely scattered.

After draining the noodles, mixing in the flavoring, and putting it in a bowl, I head straight for the dining room table, away from everyone.

It doesn't stay that way for long though, because Tami decides to join me.

"How are you feeling?" she asks. I shrug and twirl some noodles around my fork.

"I've been better." And then there's silence again.

*Cayton's POV*

'Say something idiot,' Carter says.

'What am I supposed to say?' I reply. This situation couldn't get any worse, or awkward. Macy walks into the kitchen, acting as if none of us are here. Everyone watches her, wondering what she'll do.

'I don't know. Say something, kiss her, or we can lock you and her into a room if you want.'

'That is a dumb idea.'

'Just trying to help.'

I watch her finish making her food before she walks into the dining room and sits at the table. Maybe I should say something. I just don't know what that something should be. Should I apologize? Or should I do what I do best and try and order her to say something?