Note From The Author

Hello dear readers!

So to those of you who may be new, I wanted to give a bit of an explanation/warning for what you're about to read.

I started this when I was 13/14 years old. So, uuuuuh, 2011?

This book is riddled with imperfections, plenty of questionable morals/values, and things I've grown out of since then (hello internalized misogyny, I don't know you anymore). And it started out as satire, poorly executed. To quote a later author's note:

"I was a very bored teenager in a very boring place, and I thought "wow, I really like satire. Like, REALLY like it. I love making fun of things. I bet I could do that." And I had just discovered the werewolf genre was a thing. SO I thought "...yes. good."

So I'm finally telling the truth. Something I never really came right out and said, and I don't think anyone really picked up on. I mean, I was a youngin', so I understood the concept of satire but couldn't execute it properly.

Basically, I started writing this book making fun of all the cliches I saw in the werewolf genre. I mean, if you go back and read the first set of chapters it might make sense. I even went as far as using SELF INSERTION (you know...the thing that's super common among fanfic writers....I used MY OWN NAME for the main character come on. If you were here early enough, you would have seen that the MC's original name was ACTUALLY Bethany and her physical description was way different...she was also casted as some Victoria's Secret angel. Then I learned about self insertion and I was like..I need to do this.)

It was somewhere around like chapter 10 that I realized no one knew my true intentions and I was getting in too deep. Everyone either loved it or hated it, and at that point it had gone on too far for me to say "HAHA IT'S ALL A JOKE GUYS." Seriously, like, this story BLEW UP too quickly I was horrified and also super happy."

As of now, I have yet to edit or rework this story (though I have taken out the worst of the worst) but, the story is complete.

And for the youngins, if you choose to read this and think "aw all these werewolves really love each other!!" Please do not aspire for their relationships. I tried making it less awful in later chapters, but for roughly the first half of the book, if you have someone who treats you the way, say, Cayton treats Macy, please get out. It's not healthy.

ALL THAT BEING SAID, please enjoy the story for what it is, despite all it's flaws, it's my baby and I'm proud of it.