Chapter Thirty-Six: Forever marked- Part two

*Tami's POV*

There I was, stuck in possibly the most boring situation I could have been in, tossing a wad of paper up and down as I lay on the couch. And to top it all off, it's only almost five in the morning, and the sun is just starting to come up. So I'm tired, but I can't fall asleep on this couch. Trenton has made sure I'm within reach ever since he found out I was having our baby, and even with a meeting he has to attend, I'm not allowed out of his sight.

Not that I don't mind, but really, the boy is getting a little ridiculous. He's treating me like I'm made of glass. Seriously, he insists on carrying me up and down every flight of stairs just in case, and I quote, I "trip and hurt myself".

I'm surprised he hasn't wrapped me in bubble wrap and forced me to wear a bulletproof vest.

I sigh quietly. If only Macy was here. At least she knows how to make things fun. But no, she just had to leave to go to her mother's. I don't even know why she's bothering; it's not as if she's moving out of the country. Video chat could have worked just as well.

Oh well. Guess I'll just keep myself entertained with paper.

I toss the wad in the air, and just as I'm about to catch it there is frenetic knocking on the front door, which has me shooting straight up. Crazy knocking is never good, especially not around here.

"I'll get it," I offer, trying to find any excuse to have something to do, if only for a moment. Maybe I'll get lucky and there's some desperate girl scouts outside. I could really use some cookies.

"Wait up," Trenton says. Right, not allowed out of his sight. Cayton sniggers at him. Carter, who is sitting in a chair clutching his head with what he claims is a massive, sudden headache and soreness he has had for a few hours now, doesn't respond. He said it was fading, but it's still painful. I'm almost positive he's nursing some hangover. Bethany's gone, so why not drink it up.

"You guys just wait until Macy and Bethany are knocked up," I shout to them as Trenton guides me towards the front door. I actually do feel bad for Macy and Bethany; they're probably going to be locked up in a soft room under constant supervision when the time comes.

The knocking never ceases, and I groan in annoyance as it becomes increasingly louder. I grab the handle and practically throw the door open. Yes, the pregnancy hormones make me easy to set off.

"What?" I snap at Michael, who was the one knocking like he has no sense.

"I need to talk to the Alpha and Beta," he says urgently. His tone has me taken aback some, and I look up at Trenton who has gone completely serious.

"What's going on?" he asks, stepping aside to allow him in.

"I don't know," he answers briefly, before taking off in the direction of Cayton's office. Trenton and I share the same look—confusion. Nevertheless, we follow Michael into the room.

"-The car was found on the side of the road. Totaled," Michael says as we come in.

"Were they in there?" Cayton asks, trying to remain calm but by the way he's gripping the side of his desk, I'm going to assume he's freaking out inside. All I've picked up so far is that there was a wreck. And since Cayton and Carter both look ready to kill, it's safe to say it involves Macy and Bethany.

Michael shakes his head. "No, but there was blood. And Drake picked up on another scent. Not just Macy and Bethany's."

"Whose?"

"We couldn't tell. It was tinted with silver. But we're sure that it's from one of our own wolves."

"This better not be some sick joke," Carter snarls. Michael shakes his head.