Chapter Nine: A simple hello

*Macy's POV*

Hurt. That's the first thing I feel. It's stupid, I know, but I couldn't help but feel hurt that he said he didn't care. Yes, I was just questioning why he cared, but to hear him say he didn't was like a stab in the heart.

A few rebel tears escape and I curse myself. Stop crying! You don't care about him!

Sadly, I knew that was a lie no matter how much I wanted it to be true.

He somehow made his way under my skin and through the barriers. I didn't like it, and I didn't have any idea how it happened. All I knew was that I did care about that boy and it would never be explainable. I wanted to be able to write it off like it was nothing, to not care. But I did, and it hurt that those feelings weren't returned.

I don't want to believe that he would mean what he said, like I didn't mean it when I said kissing him was a mistake. It was just impulsive. Maybe it was the same with him. I may not have all the answers, but I could only go with the information I had. Someone who would worry over me like that definitely did care.

And now I feel like shit.

I'm being selfish. Tami was right; I'm not just hurting myself. I didn't stop to consider everyone else's feelings. I was doing all of this because I wasn't getting what I wanted. A simple pouting, hell, even the silent treatment would probably have worked, but no. I had to blow everything out of proportion and do this idiotic thing.

Then again, he could just stop being such a stubborn ass and let me call him.

All my thoughts are interrupted by a crashing sound downstairs. I assume Cayton broke something else like Tami mentioned. I decided to get up and see what the damage is.

Once I stepped on the ground, I almost collapsed under my own weight. My legs are extremely weak and I feel all lightheaded. I steady myself and clutch onto the bed as a crutch to walk. I take small, slow steps until I reach the end of the bed. I'm shaking and I feel like I'm going to pass out any moment, but I keep going.

I grab onto the door handle and open the door, using the frame to support me and keep me from falling to the ground. Is this what it's like to starve? I was definitely doing more charity work for the homeless now.

After I feel somewhat steady, I take slow, shaky steps down the stairs, my legs wobbling like I suddenly weighed a thousand pounds and they were straining to support me. Climbing down the stairs proved to be very difficult, as I was practically leaning on the rail to support my weight. But I make it like a champ.

I step into the living room to find Cayton tugging at his hair in frustration, standing by the glass side table that was smashed into pieces. Tami and Trenton were talking to him, trying to calm him down but it's as if what they're saying goes in one ear and out the other. He has a far off look in his eye, like he's thinking about something.

Hunter, the boy I ran into in the library, is on the ground picking up the shattered remains of the table. I step further into the living room and he is the first to notice me. He looks up and his eyes widen.

"Macy? Are you ok?"

By now, I feel all lightheaded and can feel myself starting to sway. Everyone else's eyes snap towards me.

"Oh god, she's going to pass out!" Tami cries. Hunter drops the glass he had in his hand and stands up just as I'm about to collapse. Cayton is at my side in a flash, and I fall into his arms before everything goes blank, my last thought being I am such an idiot.

*Cayton's POV*

I run to her side immediately and she collapses into my arms.

"What do we do?!" Tami asks frantically. I can already sense the panic in the room, and for once I'm the only one who remains calm instead of having a full blown rampage, that I didn't think would be helpful at this moment.