×16×

He was four.

He was too young to understand what was going on but he could pick up signals. Very negative signals.

At ten was when he finally noticed. It was ten he took note of the scars on his mother's face. It was at ten he noticed how violent his dad had become. It was at ten he saw the hatred in his eyes of his dad towards his mother.

Cha Eunwoo was ten when he noticed that his Father was physically abusing his mother.

But he kept quiet. He chose to do nothing. He told no one except Jinwoo and Minhyuk. Instead, he hoped and prayed hard that his father would change and his mother would be happy again.

A breaking Eunwoo tried to keep hope alive until he turned Thirteen. At Thirteen all that Eunwoo had wished for so earnestly crumbled to the ground.

The Little hope he held unto vanished the moment his mother filed for a divorce.

Eunwoo finally embraced the harshness of reality as he sat in court staring at his Father bitterly. He saw his mother flash him a pitiful look knowing she had done everything she could to gain custody but couldn't.

That was when Eunwoo changed completely and no, it wasn't for the good.

××××

Arranged Marriages happened all the time in the Rich family system. It was common that a teenager already had their life decided for them.

Which was why Eunwoo chose not to date because he knew that 10 years from now, he was going to 'pathetically' marry some rich girl from somewhere.

  But Eunwoo also knew that rule wasn't going to be followed because he never liked to follow Rules.

“Why aren't you letting your driver take you to school?” his Dad inquired as Eunwoo shrugged not taking his gaze off his phone.

“Because I have hands and I know how to use them” he replied.

“I pay him good money and if you don't use him what's the point of keeping him here? I don't have that kind of money to throw around?!” his father scolded as Eunwoo rolled his eyeballs.

Paying a Driver was like paying for water to Mr Cha and Eunwoo knew that.

“i didn't ask you to hire him so all of this is really not my problem”

His father clenched his fist. “If you're doing  this to annoy me then it is working because if you don't begin to act responsible, I will deal with you myself.”

  A mocking laughter echoed through the room as Eunwoo sat up straight, finally looking at the man he called his father. “Tell me...” he inquired. “..Tell me how you are going to deal with me..Are you going to sleep around to make me break? Are you going to hit me too? Or are you going to try and choke me to death? Tell me..which of these should I be expecting you to do to me?”

His father growled staring at the boy infront of him.

Eunwoo chuckled, getting up from the couch. “You know...” he crossed his arms. “..I know you hate me too cause I look so much like the woman you mistreated. I know the only reason why you haven't disowned me is because of Halmeoni and because I am your only heir but I, on the other hand, have no reason to stay here.” he said, a grin plastered to his face.

“-Unlike like you, I am not afraid to walk away because there's nothing here for me. So if you think about threatening me again, I will put you to shame Abeoji.” he snickered as he turned to walk away when-

   “You are wrong Eunwoo. You have a reason to stay and that reason is me" he heard his father say. “..You want to make me suffer. You want me to regret all that I did to your mother, that's why you are here. You can deny it all you want but Eunwoo I know that you won't leave this house until you see that I regret what I did to your mother”

   Not replying, Eunwoo walked away not bothering to look back cause his father was right. Eunwoo didn't want to leave because he wanted his father to suffer like his mom did.

××××

Such a sad plot.