Chapter Forty-eight: Confessions [M]

[A/N: Slightly "M" content 🤣]

Hwang Yeji's POV

I know some of you are confused on what happened awhile ago and I'm here to tell you that it actually happened. Not in my dreams, not in yours. We're caught and there's nothing left to do about it but just let ourselves go with whatever Hyu- okay, no bad words - whatever the cheater plans ahead.

During or after the showcase, I have this gut feeling that something may happen. Something terrible. Knowing Hyu- I mean the bitch. Knowing the bitch, it is very likely to happen and I am almost one hundred percent sure. That's why I swallowed my past and told my sister that it's better to take the evidences to the cops and file out a visit to the school at the exact time the showcase starts. Moreover, they are not to do anything yet unless the cheater pull out an action and gladly they agreed to our deal after finding our evidences enough.

We also found out that Hyunjin has been being hunted down by the police ever since the same day she killed Sandara. I tried to stop them from following her around and I thought they would but that's just what I thought. Most probably, her family didn't listen to me and pushed through the search. Now it all makes sense. Hyunjin's disguise was to cover herself up behind the police in search.

"Hey, penny for your thoughts?" Ryujin said cutting of my train of thoughts.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

The gang and I decided to eat here at the restaurant we usually visit and just like always, Moonbyul and Solar didn't come along. Sana unnie thought that it would be fun to celebrate the betrayed look on the devil's face. In addition to this, Seulgi, Lisa, and Nayeon unnie bought a celebration cake and asked the receptionist to put a message on top of it that says "Celebration time, come on!". I mean, come on? Who puts those kind of message on a cake?

"Today has been very eventful, but since tomorrow is a rest day for all of us would it be fine to have a one night sleepover at your house, Yeji?" Lia pouted with her eyes cornered down, looking like a cute puppy.

"Sure." I said softly and pinched her cheeks making everyone to erupt in cheers.

"Guys, I'm one of the owners too y'know." My sister dramatically stated as she slumped on her seat with her arms crossed above her chest.

"So, what are we watching tonight?"

"The stars."

"Cliché." We uttered in unison.

"How about we watch the bees fly and suck nectars?"

"Touché." We groaned and stuffed our mouths with the food served in front of us, humming in satisfaction with the savory taste of the cuisine.

"Let's watch Romeo and Juliet, then!"

"Rosé." We mumbled and facepalmed ourselves. The latter just laughed and said her apologies before returning to her plate. I chuckled silently when I noticed that we somehow managed to make our responses rhyme.

My body stiffened when I felt a hand grazed on my thighs. Since I'm wearing shorts I can feel her cold hands on the surface of my skin. Knowing who it was, I blushed and looked down as I continue on eating my food silently. After a few seconds, I felt her grip tightening and loosing it once again and only to do it over and over again. Much to say, I am turned on. Fuck. I jolt up from my sit when her nails dig in my skin creating a pleasurable pain to course through my nerves.

"Woah, are you okay?" Chaeryeong asked with a concern look plastered on her face. I gave them an awkward smile and a nod reassuring them that I'm fine and they should go back to their foods before I make another embarrassing actions.