Chapter Thirty-two: Ain't Playing No Games

Hwang Yeji's POV

It's Monday again. I grumpily walked inside the car, eyes diverted at the back looking for a certain person.

"Ryuddaeng." I called for her name, but she dismissed me as she kept staring at the window with her eyes outside, headphones on. I pouted. I stretched out my arm and began tapping her legs spontaneously, but still she wouldn't budge. I turned around fully and all eyes turned on me except hers. I leaned closer to her and shouted, "RYUDDAENG!" She flinched, still not looking at me. She grabbed her varsity jacket and covered her face. I groaned and turned to her unnie who's giving me a disappointed look.

"What did I do?"

"I don't know, you tell me, Hwang." She rolled her eyes and went back to what she's doing. I felt frustration building up again. First, today is the first day Hyunjin will reveal herself as she is in school which would never be a good thing since the fact that second, I'll be her girlfriend, and lastly, my favorite person won't talk to me. Ever since Saturday night she didn't replied to any text messages I sent her and Ijust thought that maybe she's busy with her personal life and all that, but today proved me wrong. There's something wrong going on and I don't have any idea.

Yeji
What do I do? 😭

Dahyun
Stop that. It makes you uglier.
Dw, I'll talk to Jeongyeon.

Yeji
Thank you 😭

Dahyun
I said don't do that

Yeji
Okay 😭

Dahyun
🤬

Yeji
Wrong emoji. Sorry.
😢*

We arrived at school and I waited for Ryujin, so I can atleast walk with her before she finds out everything. I'll have to atleast treasure the least time we have. She went out covering her face with a baseball cap. I smiled as I appreciate every part of her. She's making my hear flutter and she's not even doing anything. The butterflies vanished when she walked past me, looking down. I rushed up to her following her pace.

"Hey." She's still not looking up. I placed my hand on her shoulder so she would stop, but she shrugged it off. I growled, not having her actions. I quickened my footsteps grabbing her full force by her jacket. I probably look like a fuming cat dragging a cute mouse. "YAHHHH!" She shouted as she tries removing herself, but I'm tougher when I'm mad. People began looking at us, I gave them my piercing fury eyes, and they immediately went away. Once we're settled, I harshly snatched the headphones, making her groan.

"What is your problem?" I hissed.

"It's nothing! Let me be!" She whisper-yelled. Her eyes tells me she's lying, I see anger, sadness rounding her pupils, and it made me feel the same way.

"How can I?!"

"What do you mean?!"

"Just tell me why you're ignoring me!" I screamed, pulling my head back in the process. We're standing outside the parking lot and the bell already rang, so we're the only ones outside.

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes, you are!"

"Alright! I am! Happy now? Now let me go!" I grunted in disbelief. I walked towards her, and with every step I take is the same steps she makes backward. She's distancing herself. I know distance is a measure of an answer. She doesn't want me near, but I can't let it go. I need her. I saw that she's only a few more steps from the wall, so I pushed her on the wall, my hands placed on it, one of my legs in between her thighs, trapping her. I watched her take a sharp intake of breath. I moved my face closer to hers and we gazed on each other's eyes, holding the same amount of tension.