Chapter Forty-five: Keep Your Enemies Closer

Hwang Yeji's POV

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes. Please calm down. I got this." Ryujin smiled reassuringly before she went out of the car going inside the campus alone. I frowned and picked up my bag from my feet.

"Hey, it's gonna be alright."

"I don't know, Lia. This is too scary for me." With Lia's arm hugging my side, she leaned her head on mine since I'm taller than her. Dahyun unnie and the rest passed their goodbyes and soft smiles before they walked away.

"If anything happens, you know what to do." I nodded and dragged my feet on the hallway. I don't know what's going on inside Hyunjin's mind at the moment and it terrifies me. She's capable of doing terrible things and I can't- I can't even kill a cockroach for fuck's sake.

"Will you be fine?" Lia asked when we met Chaeryeong across the locker room waiting for us. Chaeryeong gave me quick tight hug, pressing a soft kiss on the corner of my forehead. I smiled in appreciation, "I will try to be."

"Don't overthink. Ryujin is a tough girl."

"I know that. It's Hyunjin making me feel shitty." I slammed my locker shut, breathing heavily.

"I just hope everything goes with the plan."

"Speaking of plans, have you guys went over your lines for the showcase?"

We walked side by side even though I have a different class to take this morning. "Yes, it's epic. I hope she gets the idea." Chaeryeong and Lia chuckled while I remained quiet as I let my thoughts run inside my head.

The showcase. It's our last plan and if that won't work out, then it's over. The plan is subtly tell Hyunjin that we hold evidences that would put her in the right place, to tell her that if she wouldn't give herself up then it would be over for her. Though, I'm still not quite sure with the idea but it's the best we could think of.

After saying our goodbyes, we went to our designated classes. When I opened the door my eyes immediately met Hyunjin who was sitting near the window area at the corner of the room. She patted the sit beside her and I immediately obliged, shaking off the stiffness accumulated in my system.

"Hi, babe. I can't fetch you at your last subject because I have to uhm talk to someone."

I closed my fist under the table, biting my lip to prevent myself from doing something I might regret. "That's okay."

"Okay! Love you!"

[Time skip to Dismissal]

Shin Ryujin's POV

Shit. Shit. Why did I even agree to this??? Oh right, I was the one who suggested this.

I rambled to myself as I walk towards the back part of the campus almost near the forest-like area. Hyunjin texted me awhile ago, just like what we expected, to meet her in this specific location. She even sent me a map so I wouldn't get lost. It was very well planned you may say.

"Hey." I jumped in fright when her body appeared behind the tree. Yanking the small branch right above me, so I can continue walking safely.

"We need to talk."

"I know. I wouldn't be here if you didn't say that." I said in a sassy manner. The person she made me resurfaced when I met her eyes. The eyes I used to get lost into so much. The eyes that taught me what was being in love was. The eyes that taught me that being in love was foolish. The eyes that first broke my well-being. The eyes who made me stronger than the first day she met these eyes of mine.