Chapter Thirty-six: Women In Disguise

[A/N: please read carefully 😗]

Third Person's POV

Yeji paced around the living room, nervously fumbling with the hem of her tshirt. It's 8PM and they already had their dinner on a restaurant, suggested by her, fifteen minutes away from home. The only ones who didn't join their dinner was Moonbyul and Solar saying they have their own plans but they'll come by the house after. Now, everyone is looking at her anxiously as they study the features of the cat-eyed girl who seems to be getting too cautious for their liking.

"Please, whatever I will tell you, listen carefully. By the time I am done, there's a decision you should make."

Incomprehensible murmurs surfaced, already questioning her actions. Dahyun, noticing the discomfort of her sister, asked everyone to keep quiet so Yeji can tell them the answers to their seemingly unending questions. So, that's what her sister did. Her mouth opened, only to close again, she looks at her sister's eyes asking for help. She had her lips sealed tight, her eyes dilating in stress. Lia stood up and hugged Yeji for a few seconds, giving her the comfort she needed. Yeji smiled softly at the girl who sat beside their group of friends who already know what's going on. A loud sharp intake of breath calmed down the latter and so she looks once again to the people awaiting. Smiling nervously, stuttering in the process, she spoke softly but loud enough for everybody to hear.

Nayeon hid herself behind Jeongyeon's neck, afraid of what's to come later. Dahyun listens to her sister, giving her the support whenever their eyes meet. Chaeryeong and Lia watches the rest, hearts pumping too fast as they noticed the change of expressions whenever the speaker would say something uncomfortable, confusing, and terrible. Jennie watches from her hooded eyes their two main victims which are Moonbyul and Solar. She analyzes their change in postures everytime Yeji would crack something, probably afraid they have gotten caught. Lisa and Jeongyeon constantly looking at one another, sending eye gestures, and by this time their eyes connected to Joy who looked at them weirdly. They smiled awkwardly, gesturing her it was nothing. Mina held her phone in her hands as if she was not paying attention, playing a game.

"And, that's it." Shaking on her feet, sobbing quietly, with her head down. Everyone was silent, heads occupied. A heavy atmosphere squeezed their spaces of breathing. For Yeji, it almost seemed like a day since someone uttered a word, making her shake more violently through her cries. She thought that it's already the end, she thought she failed. "If you don't want to get involved with me. That- That's-" The latter sniffed, composing herself since it felt hard coming from her tongue but she had to. "That's okay, you can leave. It's understandable if you take care of yourselves first. All of you guys are my friends and I don't want you to get hurt." Rosé stood and walked hastily in front of Yeji, cupping her cheeks so they could meet eye to eye. The blonde smiled softly, giving a sympathetic look. "I'm here. I won't leave you, alright?" Her sweet and determined voice brought Yeji to another series of tears. They hugged each other tightly, until someone spoke. "I'm with Rosé. I'm staying too." Sana said, joining the hug. After that a continuous words of comfort flooded Yeji's ears. She felt happy amidst her tears, that even after everything they have chosen to stay. She looked up meeting their eyes, to her shock, Moonbyul and Solar joined her, smiling softly at her.

"Not me, though." Jisoo cut off, looking at them as if she's disgusted.

"Jisoo?" Rosé retorted, confused to her girlfriend's actions. "She's our friend, why won't you?" The latter approached her girlfriend, reaching out to her, hoping she could change her mind. Jisoo scoffed, backing away from her. "I won't be involved with some kind of twisted fuckery." She sarcastically said.

"Me too." Tzuyu, Wendy, Jihyo, and Somi said in unison, making all ears turn into them. The others shook their heads in disapproval and betrayal. Yeji felt her world crumble in front of her as she watch her friends turn their backs on her. She felt a bad kind of butterflies in the pit of her stomach, she felt nauseous.