Chapter Fourteen: Third wheel

Shin Ryujin's POV

Two more days left, Ryujin, and it's weekend. Get your feet working. I said to myself as I grumpily walked inside our first subject. When I went inside, I was surprised I was the first one. I took a seat, placing my bag under my chair. I grabbed my earphones and ducked on the table as I wait for the others. The song playing is You're Not Sorry by Taylor Swift, I brought my arms down looking like a lifeless body, I sighed as it reminds me of somebody. I used to be deeply inlove with someone. She was my first love, the third person I've ever been trusted, she blinded me that way she's the only girl I'd ever see. Though, she wasn't from the same school as me, she'll take the time she had and meet up with me. My friends warned me about her but I never listened, because I'm in depth. She got me wrapped up around her fingers, until one day, she broke up with me telling me she was just playing around testing herself if she could gain an attention from someone. She betrayed and played my feelings. Months passed and she came back to me, apologising for everything she was crying, she told me the reason was because she was inlove with someone else but she they broke and she cam back to me. I declined her confession and never looked back again. People can say sorry multiple times and never mean it. Never be trapped again, what I always tell myself. That's the reason why I never loved and open up to people again, I started hooking up with random girls I meet. I became a person I never thought I would be. My thoughts were interrupted when someone took out one of my earphones.

"I'm sorry to disturb butis this seat taken?" Heejin asked and I shook my head. Taking my answer she sat beside me and shyly smiled at me. I glanced at her once again and bowed.

"Uh, Ryujin?" I looked up and saw her fiddling with her fingers. Wasn't she the girl I hooked up with recently? "That's me." I timidly replied.

"I know we met under other circumstance, but, would you like to go out with me?" I looked at her trying to scan her face for any harmful intentions, but she looked down shyly and scratched her neck. "I- I mean you d-don't have to if you wa-want." She chuckled nervously. I stared at her longer making her feel uneasy and look straight at the blackboard. I tilted my head and thought maybe going out with someone wouldn't hurt so bad and honestly, I enjoyed my time with her last time.

"Ok." I said after a few minutes of silence. She turned around to me with a shock plastered on her face. "Really?" I nodded. She squealed at her seat pumping into her fist in the air. "You won't regret it." Oh, I really hope I wouldn't.

By a great timing, Yeji and a couple of friends came into the classroom laughing to themselves. I decided to greet them as I pointed at the direction of the vacant seats near me. "Hey, Ryuddaeng! You're early!" Yeji greeted me, smiling so brightly she had beaten the sun, but her smile faded off just like when the sun sets and the moon becomes visible as she saw who I'm with. I looked at Heejin who's paying no attention. I tapped her shoulder, gesturing her towards my friends. She nodded and bowed. "This is Heejin. Heejin, these are Yeji, Wendy, and Yuna." They all bowed down at each other and sat at their perspective places.

"Unnie! Get off! That's my seat!" Yuna shouted as she stomped on the floor loudly. Yeji looked at her with hooded eyes and arms crossed above her chest, making her look scary, while Wendy laughed it off. "It's my seat for now." Yuna grunted and turned to look at me asking for help.

"What makes you think I could help?" I said pointing to myself, chuckling.

"Well, don't you want to be seated beside her?" Wendy said teasingly. I rolled my eyes and just shook my head. I was about to speak when Heejin called my name. "Will it be okay for you if we spend the day together? I'd walk you to your classes. I'd really appreciate it if you would take the offer, but it's also okay if you wouldn't." She said as she take a few glances at my back. I shrugged not really finding the thought awful. "Alright."