Chapter Twenty-six: Troublemakers

Heejin's POV

So, they must know something. Some of them certainly do, while the others don't. We'll have to focus more and be secretive with our plans. After I left the gym, I quickly sent a message to the group to summon them on our hiding place. There are more than two of us. Not just Hyunjin and I. That's right. Hyunjin and I have been together for almost five years now. I'm in love with her, I wish to marry her when the right time comes. It's one of the reasons I'm doing this, it's for her. She said that Yeji took something from her which she never tells me what - in her opinion, it's better left unsaid, and for Ryujin, she just hates the girl so much she wants to hurt her. She gave me the mission to make Ryujin fall in love with me and once she confessed, I'll turn her down. I was somehow hesitant at first, but it's Hyunjin we're talking about so I had a deal with her.

"What's up, babe?" Hyunjin approached me, kissing my lips softly, making my heart beat faster. I smiled at her and hugged her as a greeting. The whole squad entered including Olivia, Solar, and Moonbyul.

"Their so-called friends know about you and Yeji's past. Not all of them." I gave them the names and all heads turned to me giving me a disappointed look. Hyunjin sat next to me and grabbed a paper writing something down. "Place this on Yeji's locker." She said and gave it to Moonbyul who took it gladly.

"What's in it?"

"An information she probably doesn't know yet since she haven't reached out to me. I'm sure that she will soon. Remember the journal I asked you both to get from her room?" Moonbyul and Solar nodded thanking their friend for the great opportunity. She gave us a devilish smirk. The others whistled in triumph, thinking they've already won. I chuckled.

"What's the plan?" Olivia asked.

"We'll play a game."

Shin Ryujin's POV

It's past 6PM and my sisters will be here any minute. I've spent the entire day downstairs at the living room since it's closer to the kitchen. A little walk here and there instead of going up and down the staircase. I'm a little better now than yesterday.

The whole day, Heejin kept on asking about my condition, which I'm very glad that she cares enough to ask. I think I'm starting to like her. In my opinion, she's not that bad. She's caring, cute, especially when it's just the two of us.

Also, I kept on pondering about what one of the girls who punched me said about my situation being a "message". I drew dots and tried tracing it, one by one, as I think of the reason why it has to be me. I almost came to a conclusion that some of my friends must be involved which is so unlike me. However, the connections must not be a coincidence. Jeongyeon unnie must know something, and she has to tell me sooner or later, even if Yeji doesn't trust me - which annoys the hell out of me, I need to get an answer.

"Hey, Ryujin? I brought you dinner." Yuna said and handed me a take-out which I wholeheartedly accepted. I haven't eaten really well since I'm having a hard time moving my body. But, hopefully I can make it back to school two days later. I haven't danced in awhile. "I also brought you dessert." Jeongyeon unnie excitedly ran towards my direction dragging a flustered Yeji and a flock of laughing pigeons trailing behind them. I blushed by her antics, wishing the forces underground to swallow me whole.

"Please don't to that." Yeji whined as she pinches my sister's forearm. Jeongyeon laughed it off and invited them on the seats so we can all eat the take-outs.

"Can I sit with you?" Yeji asked as she hovers above the couch I'm sitting on. I noticed that our friends purposely invaded every seats, not leaving any space. I smiled in my mind finding her movement adorable. I shook my head to erase the thoughts.

"Of course you can. You have your muscles and bones to do that for you." I answered like a smartass while playfully fluttering my eyelashes.

"Alright, Ms. Know-it-all. Let me rephrase that. May I sit with you, ma'am?" She rolled her eyes and acted like a princess as she bowed. I grinned and decided to play along with her cute existence.

"You may, princess. It is a prince's honor to have you beside me." I smirked as I saw her blood rushing to her face.

"Cut out the flirting and start eating." Chaeryeong interrupted making everybody laugh.

We started eating, silence engulfed the house that was once just a plain bricks. I tried grabbing a piece of chicken and in result, I let out a small shriek as I felt a pain on my stomach and arms. Yeji immediately grabbed me from the back and pushed me on the couch. I looked at her puzzled as she leans forward grabbing the chicken. She placed it in front of my mouth. "Open your mouth." My eyes widened in realization. She wants to feed me?? Wait?? What?? I didn't know that I already opened my mouth until I tasted the honey-garlic flavor in my mouth. I bit it and looked away, my eyes connecting on Nayeon unnie's who gave me a slight smirk.

"Is it good?" She asked playfully. I threw her a glare and stuck my tongue out.

"Give me more?" My voice came out as an aegyo as I looked at Yeji who's munching on the same chicken I ate awhile ago. She replied nothing and just offered me another bite. I took it gladly, my eyes on hers, her eyes were on my mouth as I slowly take a bite of the chicken. I felt a juice trickle down the corner of my lips as she pulled the savory chicken away. I licked it and I couldn't help but notice her eyes dilating, gulping as she follows my action.

"Don't tell me you guys are eye-fucking in front of the food? Show some manners."

Heads snapped in the direction of the voice so fast, we cracked a bone. It's Yuna. We all looked at her with shock and betrayal evident on our faces.

"WHO FUCKING TAUGHT HER THAT?" Jeongyeon yelled and I think it echoed throughout the whole town.

—————

We'll get there;

Thank you for readiinggg 🥰