Chapter Twenty: Wednesday

Lia's POV

I've been feeling paranoid lately and as time goes by it's getting worst. Sometimes, when I walk alone in the bathroom at the school, I feel like someone's waiting on the other side; even when I'm in the classroom, my body would shiver as I feel a pair of eyes on me; and yesterday, the reason why I called Yeji when I spotted her was because it felt like I was being followed. I thought of telling her but I also tried to consider the fact that she's in worst scenario at this point, so instead I told Chaeryeong everything. She's one of the greatest listeners I've met in my entire life and I'm just so glad she existed the same time as me.

"We need to talk." I jumped on my feet when I heard the voice.

"Yeji? Are you trying to kill me?" I said as I forced a laugh, one of my palms above my chest.

She raised her eyebrows demanding me something I couldn't put a finger on. We continued staring at each other as if we were strangers who wouldn't let one pass through another. I sighed, giving up. "You better talk because I'm bad at getting signals." I said and asked her to come with me at the benches in the soccer field.

"Chaeryeong told me everything." She said looking at the surroundings, her hands in her pockets. I sighed as I felt betrayed. Forget when I said Chaeryeong is one of a kind. But, I also would like to thank her, so it's a 50-50 state.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you, but I thought it would be better if I did not since you do have a lot going on right now." I spoke softly and just stared at my fingers.

She sighed and scooted closer towards me. "It's okay. I know where you're coming from. Thanks for the concern though. But, everything that you will encounter especially when it's sketchy, you tell me, aight? You've been one of my priorities ever since I told you." She pushed my hair to the back of my ears. I smiled and grabbed her hand and intertwined them.

"Whoever you'll end up with would be so lucky." I said with sincerity. I mean who wouldn't want to be with this girl? A very thoughtful and understanding person is what everyone needs in their lives. She chuckled and went back looking ahead and I did the same. We stayed at the same position just being one with the nature as we clear off our gratuitous thoughts.

"By the way, I also need to show you something." The silence was cut off by the sound she exerted as she unfolded a paper showing it to me. I grabbed the paper and studied it. After a few seconds, my eyebrows knitted, not really understanding what it means.

"What's this supposed to mean?" I touched the surface of paper and looked at the back, looking for clues.

"I was hoping you'd say you know." She sighed and laid her head on my lap. She must be exhausted from thinking too much and the bags under her eyes tells it all.

"Have you told your unnie about this?"

"I haven't." I flicked her forehead receiving a pained expression from her. Serves her right.

"Idiot! Why not?"

"I don't know where to start." She said honestly.

"Alright let's tell her later then. I'll stay at your house after school." She nodded in agreement. I wandered my eyes to the beautiful field, sighing in gratification. I hope we could just stay here until later because I don't really wanna go back to the classroom and feel unsafe again.

"Having a great date?" I turned around and saw Ryujin and Heejin together. I tried to look at Yeji through my peripheral vision and saw that she's back at her poise of being unreadable. This is bad. Like really really bad. I wanna jump off through the next ten benches in front of us and just run for my precious life.