Chapter Fifty-one: SHOWCASE

Three hours before the most awaited event starts, a group of girls exited their cars one after another. Students are enthusiastic to see all of them together arrive. Their phones were up in the air as they try to capture the cinematic entrance of their so-called "idols" and "crushes". The group gave them small smiles and nods as they pass by and quickly went inside the auditorium to have their last general practice.

The stage props were almost done and everything really looks like a musical stage play making them stare in awe. Leaving their bags at the room backstage designated for the performers and stylists, they quickly changed their clothes into a more comfortable one.

"Dude, I'm still tired. I really just want to go back to sleep." Mia groaned on her seat as she sluggishly change her slippers to rubber shoes.

"Stop whining." Yiren rolled her eyes at the older one.

"Hey, Jin? May you please hand me that pink bag?" Olivia pointed at the bag sticking out under the table. Heejin grabbed the bag with a little difficulty and Wendy saw her struggling so she helped her out.

"Here."

"Thanks-"

"YAH!" A loud scream and thumping of feet rattled their senses cutting off everyone's focus from themselves. On the floor there lies a struggling trio consisting of Seulgi, Lisa, and Jeongyeon fighting over a bag of chips.

"I saw it first! I have the rights to have it!" Jeongyeon shouted as she gave the other two a hard smack on their backs. The two flinched making them pull away slightly and Jeongyeon took it as an opportunity to escape the crime. She was a few centimeters away when she was grabbed on her ankle making her fall on her face.

Lisa and Seulgi glanced at each other and grunted as they race on the other girl having a major difficulty in standing with the weight on her back.

"Have you guys seen my takis?" A pouting Chuu entered the room, looking devastated as hell almost brimming with tears.

The other girls looked at each other with a tight lip present on their faces before they looked at the guest and pointed at the trio who were giving her an apologetic smile. They scrambled away from each other and passed the chips from one another.

"Here, you can have it."

"No, take it. I don't mind."

"Let's let her take it."

"Fuck, no. I don't want it. Just have it."

"Actually, this is hers and I'm giving it back to her because I'm a decent human being." Seulgi said with a nervous smirk and passed it to Chuu who was looking at them weirdly before she grabbed it and walked to the other side of the room.

The performers continued messing and joking around as they prepare themselves at the backstage and finally went on with polishing their performance making sure everything was well done, smooth, and perfect. There will be individual group performances before the mixed-group do the showcase.

After five takes of polishing their routine, they wrapped it all up and went to the gym where they usually train and laid a couple of comforters and pillows. Luckily for them, the air conditioner was left open earlier by those who used it. Laying on their backs, they closed their eyes, stretched themselves, and took some rest because after another hour, it's time for them to prepare and change into their costumes.

Yeji stared at the ceiling with her eyebrows knitted together. She felt uneasy and confused. She can feel something in the pit of her stomach and it's not because Ryujin was snuggled on her neck. Her thoughts are running like a toy train inside her brain but none was clear enough for her to analyze. She felt like they're being watched and something might happen anytime.