Chapter Forty: Even the Coldest Burns

Hwang Yeji's

I spent the whole night locked in my room, crying my heart out. I'm not gonna lie. Feeling her soft lips on mine was the most precious moment I've lived in my life that not even my past lover can level on. With Ryujin, everything is new, intense, exciting, butterflies, rainbows and unicorns, and all the stuffs I've only dreamed of having. Now that it's here under a different circumstance, I feel stucked. Hyunjin in the picture and every photograph in the future seems blurry.

My eyes are puffy as I was walking towards the cafeteria with my head down and hood covering most of my devastated state. I sniffed when 'How would you feel' came on my playlist, rapidly shuffling the songs that reminds me of her, but it's true I guess. When you're in love, every song will remind you of her and that sucks. I switched the genre and put it on hip hop, hoping to escape the rails of feelings surfacing within me, yet she's still there. Frustrated, I violently pulled out my earphones wincing when it stings my earlobe.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted. Looking up with a raging gaze, I noticed that I wasn't alone. Students stared at me with shock and fear due to my outburst. My eyes wandered, my face blushing in embarrassment. That's when I saw her. I felt weak and dizzy. As if she is water who tamed the fire raging inside of me. I felt a liquid dripping from the corner of my eyes and that's when I knew I am broken. I feel broken yet happy.

Have you ever felt that? Being happy yet broken?

That's exactly how I'm feeling right now. I know by the look on her face that she's mad at me for leaving her alone like that. Bags are visible under her eyes and I know I'm the reason for that., no explanations, no second looks. I hurt her. For the second time. Building up the last courage I could gather, I brought my foot forward after another, holding my gaze on hers. Please, stay. Don't look away. I chanted in my mind, hoping she can read my thoughts. But before I could get any closer to her, a hand held me by the shoulder turning me around.

She whispered, "Don't you dare." Noticing the flares striking from her visible seething presence. I gulped and slowly nodded, walking with her feeling dejected.

Shin Ryujin's POV

Watching someone you feel whole with walking away is something you wish would never happen. My heart shattering to pieces, once again, she didn't looked back. I know I did something - the kiss, but I didn't regret it. Not even a tiny bit, but if she's going to turn her back every time our eyes meet, I might start regretting everything soon. "What? You're just gonna stand there and not do anything?" Heejin asked making me frown even more. Sighing, she hugged me tightly swaying me side to side as I cried silently on her shoulders.

Heejin told me everything. Everything. I know my friends are hiding something. I know Hyunjin's plans and the reason why Yeji suddenly have a girlfriend when things are starting to bloom between us. When Heejin told me that Hyunjin is doing it because Yeji took something from her so she had to use her, I was enraged but I knew better. I know I got to be strong and not let Hyunjin take over us. I pity her for doing all the things forcefully and not just let the wheel take her life where it should be.

Hyunjin and Heejin are girlfriends in their group, until Heejin caught her so-called girlfriend having sex with another girl, but the devil doesn't know she got caught. One night, she came to my house discretely throwing rocks on my window, and that's when everything happened. Secrets are revealed to me and she told me Hyunjin has been using her the same way she's using Olivia and I. She also told me that there's still a missing piece to her conclusion and that's what we're trying to find out. Why does she have to use Olivia, Heejin, me, and Yeji as her girlfriend? Where does the puzzle leaves us?