Chapter 5

A/N - Welcome to the first episode of series 6!

Amy, Rory, and River entered the diner.

"You got 3, I was 2, Mr. Delaware was 4," River said.

"So?" Rory asked.

"So, where's 1? And where was Elise? She should have been there with him. She would have never left his side. He means too much to her."

"What, you think he invited someone else?"

"Well, he must have. He planned all of this, to the last detail."

"Will you two shut up? It doesn't matter," Amy told them.

"He was up to something," River said.

"He's dead."

"Space, 1969. What did he mean?"

"You're still talking, but it doesn't matter."

"Hey, it mattered to him," Rory said.

"So it matters to us," River added.

"He's dead," Amy told them.

"But he still needs us. I know. Amy, I know. But right now we have to focus," River said.

Rory looked around the diner and spotted a blue envelope on a table near the back. "Look." He walked up to the man at the counter. "Excuse me, who was sitting over there?"

"Some guy and a little girl," the man said.

River ran over to the table and picked up the envelope with a number one on it. "The Doctor knew he was going to his death, so he sent out messages. When you know it's the end, who do you call?" River asked.

"Er, your friends. People you trust," Rory said.

"Number 1. Who did The Doctor trust the most?"

The door to the restrooms opened and both Elise and the Doctor sauntered out.

"River!" Elise yelled, running to the bushy haired woman.

"Little star! You've grown!"

Elise now looked to be around 8 years old. The last time they had seen each other, she'd just turned 5.

River looked up at the Doctor. "This is cold. Even by your standards, this is cold," she said.

"Or hello, as people used to say."

"Doctor?" Amy asked.

"I just popped out to get my special straw. It adds more fizz."

Amy walked up to him and circled him. "You're okay. How can you be okay?"

"Hey, of course I'm okay. I'm always okay." He hugged Amy. "I'm the King of Okay. Oh, that's a rubbish title. Forget that title. Rory the Roman!" He hugged Rory next. "That's a good title. Hello, Rory. And Doctor River Song. Oh, you bad, bad girl. What trouble have you got for me this time?"

River slapped the Doctor.

Elise winced at the sound.

"Okay. I'm assuming that's for something I haven't done yet," the Doctor said.

"Yes, it is," River told him.

"Good. Looking forward to it."

"I don't understand. How can you be here?" Rory asked, poking the Doctor in the chest.