SNEAK PEEK

A/N - I was really nervous about sharing this with you, but it's the only real sneak peek I've written already. Be prepared. You'll get another sneak peek before part 2 of series 7 starts. This obviously takes place during "A Town Called Mercy."

A gunshot went off and the Doctor spun around. Elise was holding a gun and it was pointed at him.

His mind briefly flashed to a time, hundreds of years ago on an alien planet, where their positions had been switched. "Elise, what are you doing?" he asked her. He took a step towards her and she cocked the gun.

"Let him come back over the line. Now!"

"Elise, just put the gun down."

"Let him come back over the line and I will."

"You wouldn't shoot me."

She fired a shot an inch from his foot and cocked the gun again. Her hand was steady and not shaking. Although he often teased her about it, Elise truly was River's daughter. "Try me," she said.

"Elise..."

"Let him come back over the line!"

"Elise, there's a better way to do this," Rory told her.

"No! If he's gonna behave like this, why can't I? I'm not a child anymore! And I am through with not being taken seriously!"

The Doctor recognized the dark look in her eyes. It was one his enemies had seen countless times in his own. In addition to being his daughter, she'd become a tiny Oncoming Storm.

Had he done this to her? Had his darkness seeped into her pure soul? He'd seen it once before. Was this when it had started?

His eyes met Amy's and she subtly nodded. She rushed forward and grabbed Elise's hand, aiming the gun at the sky as another shot was fired.

"Get off me!" Elise yelled.

The Doctor touched her temple and Elise went limp in the redhead's arms.

Amy passed her off to Rory, who scooped the brunette up in his arms.