Chapter 17

They ran out of the dining hall, but their way into the rest of the monastery was blocked by a river of acid.

"Explosion must've ruptured the acid feeds. We're going to need the acid suits," Jimmy said.

"No, no, no. We haven't got time. Back, back, back!" the Doctor told them.

They ran the other direction until they came to the washroom.

"Rory," Amy said, looking around.

There was a hole in the wall to the outside. It looked like someone had punched through it.

"Of course, Jennifer's a Ganger too," the Doctor said.

"Doctor, you said they wouldn't be violent," Amy reminded him.

"But I did say they were scared and angry."

"And early technology, is what you said. You seem to know something about the Flesh," Jimmy said.

"Do you? Doctor?" Amy asked.

"You're no weatherman. Why are you really here?"

The Doctor looked at Amy and held her gaze.

Elise knew why they were here. Because something was wrong with Amy.

"I have to talk to them. I can fix this," he told them and ran up the stairs.

Amy, Jimmy, and Elise followed after him.

"Wait. What's going on? Where's the real Jennifer?" Jimmy asked.

They came to a corridor and a pipe burst in the Doctor's face.

Amy pulled him back.

"It is too dangerous out here with acid leaks," the Doctor said.

"We have to find Rory," Amy told him.

"Yes. I'm going back to the TARDIS. Wait for me in the dining hall. I want us to keep together, okay. No more wandering off."

"What about me?" Elise asked.

"You're going to stay with Amy."

"And what about Rory?" Amy asked.

"Well, it would be safer to look for Rory and Jennifer with the TARDIS."

The Doctor kissed Elise on the head before disappearing into the darkness.

Jimmy walked over to a box on the wall and said, "Here we go. Distress flares." When he closed the box, the Doctor was standing there.

"Exit?" he asked.

"Keep going straight. Can't miss it. But you're never going to get your vehicle in here."

"I'm a great parker."

Elise rolled her eyes.

"Not a word, Ellie." He disappeared into the darkness once again.

"We really need those acid suits. I've sent Buzzer and Dicken to get them," Jimmy said.

"Fine and dandy. Elise and I...we're just going to find my husband, so cheers," Amy told him.

"Amy, I wouldn't."

Amy turned away from him. "Nor would I. What can you do, eh?"

"At least wait for an acid suit!"

Amy and Elise continued down the corridor.

Elise had a feeling they were going to get in trouble for this.