Chapter 7

A/N - We're moving swiftly along into "Day of the Moon" and it looks like this one will be a two chapter episode. Kinda like the first one.

River, in an evening gown, and Elise, in a matching child sized one, ran through a skyscraper under construction. River's first instinct had been to hide in New York City. She also wanted to introduce more of earth culture to Elise.

They both had tally marks running up and down their arms. Two Silence appeared in front of them.

"I see you. I see you," River said, making two more tally marks on her arm.

Elise did the same.

"Doctor Song? Doctor Song?" Canton's voice sang.

Elise and River started running again.

"Go! Go! Go!" Canton yelled.

They soon came to an open wall.

"Don't move! It's over," Canton told them.

"They're here, Canton. They're everywhere," River said.

"I know. America's being invaded."

"You were invaded a long time ago. America is occupied."

"You're coming with us, Doctor Song. There's no way out this time."

"There's always a way out." She took Elise's hand in her own and fell back out of the skyscraper, taking Elise with her.

Elise's whole body flooded with relief as she heard the sound of the TARDIS engines. She and River fell into the TARDIS, through the corridors, and into the swimming pool. Not again... Elise climbed out of the pool and looked around.

At least this time it wasn't in the library.

Elise walked back to her room and changed before following River to the control room.

River had already dried Elise's hair and was now drying her own with a towel.

The Doctor danced around the console. "So, we know they're everywhere. Not just a landing party, an occupying force, and they 'have been here a very, very long time. But nobody knows that, because no one can remember them." He spotted Elise and scooped her up in his arms. "Oh, I've missed you! Have you grown?"

Elise playfully rolled her eyes, but giggled as the Doctor peppered kisses all over her face. She pushed him away. The beard he'd grown was scratchy.

"Don't like the beard, huh?" he asked.

Elise shook her head.

The Doctor set her down and she ran over to Amy and Rory to hug them.

"So what are they up to?" Canton asked.

"No idea. But the good news is, we've got a secret weapon," the Doctor told him.

The TARDIS landed and they ran outside to see a big rocket.

"Apollo 11's your secret weapon?" River asked the Doctor.

"No, no. It's not Apollo 11. That would be silly. It's Neil Armstrong's foot."

They went back inside the TARDIS and waited while the Doctor cleaned himself up. When he came back into the control room, he was holding a small gun. He first walked over to Canton and injected something into the palm of his hand.

"Ow!" Canton said.

"So, three months. What have we found out?" the Doctor asked walking over to Rory. While Rory was talking, the Doctor injected him.