Chapter 10

A/N - We've made it to the double digits! I am so excited for the next chapter! I've got an emotional scene planned that will forever change the relationship between Elise and the Doctor.

Elise watched as Amy paced back and forth.

"What's wrong?" Rory asked her.

"The most beautiful thing you've ever seen?"

"Oh, tell me I didn't really say that."

Amy laughed at his embarrassment.

The first mate and the other pirate started to break down the barricade in front of the door.

"What's going on?" Amy asked them.

"We're not staying here to mollycoddle the boy. The Captain's gone soft. It's time for us to leave," the first mate told her.

Elise and Toby stood up.

"He told you to wait, you dog. He's your Captain, a Naval Officer. You're honor-bound to do as he tells you," Toby said.

"Honor-bound? Do you know what kind of ship this is? Do you know what your father does?" the first mate asked him.

Amy wrapped an arm around his shoulders and stroked the back of his head. "Don't listen to him, Toby."

"We sail under the black flag. The Jolly Roger."

"Liar! He's no wicked pirate!" Toby yelled.

"Oh, you think so? I have seen your father gun down a thousand innocent men."

"Get what treasure you can. I'll meet you in the row boat," the first mate told his fellow pirate.

Toby rummaged around and found a sword. "You're going to remain at your post," he told them.

"I am not playing games with you, boy. You put that down."

"One more step and I'll use this, you blaggard."

Elise admired Toby's bravery.

"You don't know how to fight with a cutlass, boy."

"Don't need to, do I." He swiped down and cut the first mate on the hand.

"No. You little swabber!"

"Congratulations. You made it to the menu. Probably shouldn't go out there now," Amy told him.

"You scurvy ape!" The first mate pulled out his gun.

"Don't shoot. The powder will blow and kill us all," Rory said.

The other pirate took the keys from the first mate's belt. "Mulligan, what are you doing?" he said.

Mulligan left.

"No honor among pirates," Amy said.

The first mate put down his gun and started to rebuild the barricade.

Elise wished she had her sketchbook or something with her. She was bored and wondering what was taking her father and Avery so long.

Toby, who sat next to her, pulled off the medallion around his neck and started to polish it with a piece of cloth.

Suddenly, there was banging on the door.

"Amy! Open the door!" the Doctor yelled.

"Toby, open the door! Toby!" Avery yelled.