Turn 16: Thing's I'll Never Say

A/N: There's a Maleficent Behind the scenes interview on the video link :)

The words don't seem to matter. All I ever wanted was for this to be true; I'm scared... I'm scared we'll never make it right. I feared that when I wake up everything else that we shared upon will be left alone in the land of my dreams.

I don't know how long I was asleep, but all of a sudden there was an awful scream and I was up.

Sunshine came along with Prince Phillip's arrival; he halted his white horse, handing over red roses to me.

"Oh thank you Phillip," I said, "How sweet of you" my voice partly hoarse from sleeping.

Wait...

"But?"

"But what?"

"Is there something wrong? If you don't like them, please tell me and I shall get other ones that you like."

"N-no, no, it's okay, Phillip" I sense the weirdness, perhaps the words were too familiar but what's going on? "I'm just a little bit tired from the coronation."

"Would you mind if you leave me this instant? I don't mean to be rude I just-"

"Of course, Princess... I'll take my leave, good day."

"Of course, Princess" he said, "I'll take my leave, good day," he smiled and reached for my hand but I snatched it immediately knowing how pervert this man could be.

I remember the beach; but before that was just a dream, and would this mean everything i had in memory was also a dream? Fairy godmother will be waiting for me in the palace and will have to leave for the meeting of witches.

"Maleficent!"

She lay on a couch of white fur, toying with a wine cup, mocking the soldiers and the royal army as they face her into court.

She heard me, and laughed; she was just smirking at my pitiful guards. 
"Your Queen has arrived." she said, smoothing her long hair.
There was quietness at that; If she was beautiful she was also vain and cold, cold as the ice plains that griddled the world.

"Bow to your queen you maggot!"

With that, the entire army dropped to the ground and kneeled before me.
"Maleficent there is no need for that." I said.
"Oh have I not—" she tossed her head, "have I not told you how gross you are today, Aurora?"

Oh dear was that a major turn off?

"Your hair's rough," she said quickly. "Go brush it. Help her to slip on her best dress, Fauna. I want you to meet an important guest."

My heart began to thump and I felt myself changing into a stiff, plain, silent child again. I didn't even answer Maleficent, but turned and walked into my bedroom, followed by Aunt Fauna. I said nothing while my dress was changed and my hair brushed, and after I was quite tidy I followed Maleficent down the corridors, in silence. Who was that important guest she wanted me to meet? Am I really obliged to go and see that person?

I was taken to the part of the palace I had never been into before. At last, Maleficent knocked at a door, and when someone said, "Come in," we entered the room together. A woman was sitting in an arm-chair before the fire, and Maleficent spoke to her.

"This is Briar Rose, ma'am,"

"You can go and leave her here. I will ring for you when I want you to take her away," said the woman.

Who is she? And how did she get so much respect from my fairy godmother?

When Maleficent went out and closed the door, I could only stand waiting, twisting my thin hands together. I could see that the woman in the chair was about to stand up. She turned her head over her high shoulders and spoke to me.

"Oh my dearest, come here!" she said.

I went to her.

She was supremely beautiful woman, with curly and wavy waist-length brown hair like chocolates, violet eyes, a tall and slender figure, and lips that shame the red rose. Her complexion is fair and flawless and unlike my Aunts, her face is less rounded and more refined, giving her an appearance of maturity.

She looked at me as if I worried and fretted her and as if she did not know what to do with me.

"Are you well?" she asked.

"Yes," I answered.

"Do they take good care of you?"

"Yes."

She covered her mouth fretfully as she looked over me.

"You are very thin," she said.

"I'm on a diet," I answered quite rudely, "Excuse me but—who are you?"

Yes I am thin, but 'very'? Do I really look like bones?

"Oh I forgot," she said, "How could I possibly forgot to introduce myself? I intended to meet you sooner after your father died. I am—"

Her eyes were glassy and as she blinked a tear fell neatly that it dropped to the ground leaving no trace from her face.

"My name is Leah. Oh god you are so beautiful, Aurora..."

She stepped closer to me and said, "Can I touch you?"

"What are you, lesbian?" Leah did giggle a little and her shoulders rocked softly as she laughed. Her laughter was light hearted in a way it made me listen and closed my eyes.

"Oh dear, Aurora," she said after her laugh settled and gave me a serious face with a slight sincere smile. "I am your mother."

A/N: Hey there, Knights! ♘♘ ♘ 

New stories on board:
♞Masked Raider (in Filipino and now also available in English)
♞Aime's Frozen Dream (in English, starting Anna of Frozen, Rapunzel, and Belle)

Upcoming:
♞Masked Pirate (gxg pirate story)

-Zevheen7 ♞ the dark knight