Turned 1: Back To You

The Rule of Three (also Three-fold Law or Law of Return) is a religious tenet held by some Pagans and occultists. It states that whatever a person puts out into the world, be it positive or negative, will be returned to that person three times.

"If a curse was broken by the one who cast it, he shall receive the curse he cast."

She remembered her years of watching over Aurora. It was only a matter of time. She have saved her from the curse she embedded by her own terms, to fall asleep as deep as death itself and to be awaken only by a true love's kiss.

A few minutes later, Maleficent came to see how Aurora was doing. Immediately the guard walked up to her and both of them entered into a long staring contest. The guard was obviously told not to let anyone in. Queen Aurora was way too occupied with her new hobby; she didn't want anyone to disturb her. Then, quite suddenly, Maleficent left. The window flew open not long after that. Quiet as a falling snow, Maleficent run her fingers through Aurora's blonde silky hair. The young queen was making her first dress. The queen had re-established the clothing industry in her kingdom. After the curse was broken, there was no more reason to prohibit the existence of a spindle.

Aurora looked up knowing whose touch it was, stroking her hair. She smiled connecting eyes with her fairy godmother. "Human dress-up really suits you, Maleficent."

Maleficent blinked, taking a sharp breath. "Let's," she said, smoothing her long hair, "go out and take a stroll watching the sunset."

"A date," Aurora blushed at the thought, "you must have missed me." she teased.

"Yes." The elder woman bent down, wrapping her arms gently around her beloved and rested her chin over Aurora's shoulder.

"She turned me down!" She screamed at the crow, "I mean, can you believe it? I humbly asked her out on a date so that we can catch up and spend time together. And this is what I get!"

The crow tilted its head contemplating at its master's protest. The crow transformed into a human being, morphing like it was the first time. "What did you get?" he asked.

"She told me to wait for three days."

"You were not rejected, my master. She wanted you to wait."

"Three days!"

"It's not that long, master."

The darkness of her eyes gleamed. She tossed her hair "I'm done waiting." She confided her belief that she herself was worthy of the queen's attention. Blushing, and modestly lowering her eyes, "I will have her tonight to share my bed and wine."

That was a cunning touch, worthy of Maleficent.

The night came, she was angry. She swished her fingers to Aurora's door and it flew out of her way in an instant.

"Do I mean so little to you that you made me wait for three days just to talk to you and hold you like I used to?" Maleficent sound surprisingly calm and collected, and sad.

Aurora sat up from her bed, eyes blurry, and perfectly aware of Maleficent's presence. She heard her, "Nobody really taught you how to knock huh." The young queen was mocking her, annoyed at the timing of her arrival. "Or does your forest doesn't have a door so you brought your unpleasant habit here in my palace?" She ran to the gong placed beside the door of her chamber, and picked up a stick that would certainly summon her guards. "Please fairy godmother, I'm tired. It's not that easy running a country of idiots, afraid of going towards civilization."

"You speak so lightly to me, so indifferently... It seems you have too much spirit, and certainly too much energy, for my comfort and for your safety to talk to me so casually."

Maleficent brooded; stroked hands across her nightgown so the fabric showed momentarily the figure of a deity in human form. Lowered her eyes, glided swaying to the couch. Aurora made her way to her, wary and puzzled.

"Why are you not wearing undergarments, Maleficent?"

She shrugged delicately, playing her lips with the tip of her finger. She waited, seeming indifferent to her audience.

"Do you think I'm seducing you, beastie?"

Yes.

"I think," she trailed, "I think you can't reach out far enough to do your bra and bend down to put on your underwear!"

The witch giggled. She laid her hand beckoning the queen to sit beside her, smiling her cat-smile. "Did you really mean to send me away with that pitiful gong?"

"Ugh... why are you always so cool? I'm trying my best to be a badass queen. And here you never waver, not even a sight of itch when I tried to offend you."

"Hmm..."

"I knew you couldn't wait for at least three days."

"So this is what it's about. To show me that you are a capable queen, that you can bring me down with your words and threat me with your gong and guards."

"If that's the way you want to put it then yes. I want to be a queen that rules her kingdom with absolute obedience, a queen that makes her people loyal and respectful. A queen that brings prosperity and progress through the kingdom, a queen loved by her subjects, a queen like you." She reached the couch and sat beside her.

Maleficent came forward, lips slightly open, leaning her face over Aurora's. She was moved by her words. "You would do that?" she said. "Then there must be no softness, Briar Rose, no fainting of the spirit. Hard as ice you will be, and as merciless as I am, for your sake alone." She took her hand, "can you do that?"

Aurora nodded, not speaking; and she squeezed slowly, smiling. She stiffened, breathe hissing between her teeth. Maleficent attempted to kiss her. The queen withdrew smartly, equally sharply slapped the witch in the face. Heat rise from the witch's center up to her freshly slapped cheek. It turned her on.

"I heard you wanted some wine..."

"That fucking crow,"

"I heard you wanted me to share your bed tonight."

"I'm definitely going to cut his tiny tongue."

"I don't mind pouring you some wine...I would be honored to serve you, though you should be flattered to have a queen to do that." She stood up, grabbed the witch's face and lean over her forehead. "So, are you going to take me to the moors?" her voice silky, and faintly seductive.

"We could..." she closed her eyes and breathe in, "stay here. I don't wanna waste time. I don't wanna fly in haste. I just wanna be with you."

The queen kissed her so fiercely that the witch flinched at the painful sensation of her lips being sucked so hard, she couldn't protest. She loved it.

****

"I missed you." She whispered to her lips.

"You spent your days with your people and with the prince, arms linked like you're engaged or something."

"And?"

"I wish to spend time with you too. I wish to see you on daily basis. I don't care if we see each other in the midnight. If you don't want me to be seen by your kingdom, I don't mind. They hated me anyway! If you're not into sunsets, it's okay. I would hide my wings and horns if it means I could be with you." Maleficent looked down. She bowed her head and clasped her mouth in attempt to stop her cries. "You know, I've come to think that you-" it came out broken, pitchy and almost whispered, "ceased to love me." Her warm tears fell on her lap.

Aurora angled her head to align her eyes with Maleficent, "Oh fairy godmother, I never would." She held her closer, "You know I thought you're the perfect queen when I first met you." She kissed her tears tainted cheek. "And now, I hear all of your insecurities. It enchants me that I still find you incredibly amazing and perfect as you are. You don't have to hide anything. I love you, fairy godmother. I love you...Please don't hide away your horns, you know I love them too." She said, sweet as sugar cane.