Twisted: Call Of Duty

Maleficent POV

It was achingly slow. Having to watch Aurora fall in love with this Duchess, sunk my heart down. It would have been an entertainment if it was someone else. 

Aurora had to go back to her Kingdom at that.  

I shall not be narrating for any of you lowlife!

However, Aurora's life without me has been quite disturbing to watch. And I witnessed the changes she's been through. I can see why she had to marry that abomination of a prince. She had to end her affair with the Duchess at some point. The positions they played was certainly jaw-dropping, that's until their husbands found out about them. 

Typical of their kind. 

Months and months would pass her by, lifeless. The Duchess would have given her a new light if it wasn't for Aurora's lust over her. 

I wish there was someone who guided her to be a better Queen to her subjects. But who am I to judge?

I wish  someone has given her a new light to get by.

 "Aurora" I called upon her, back to reality.

"Have you had enough fun, Maleficent?" she replied.

It crushed my heart. 

This is why her eyes looked different than it used to be. She has seen darker days and it has been imbedded to her soul.

No matter how I look at it. There was no "us" getting back together.  I may have lost it when I saw all of her past. It may have numbed whatever anger that remained in my heart. The least I can do for now is see that she doesn't end up miserable again.

"Listen, Aurora..."

"Yeah?"

"Would you be grateful to have me by your side in the shadows? To hone and guide you, to live with you as you stayed with me when I was asleep. Would you be happy to take me and my little Mal in?"

"But I have a husband-"

"As a friend, Aurora. As your fairy godmother."

"I do not need your pity, Maleficent." she hissed, almost angry in disbelief.

"That's not it, beasty!"

"What then?"

"I-" 

"Yes?"

"I want to be by your side. Raise our children together in the moors or in the palace, I do not care." I paused, "Now that I've seen the hell you've been through, I have no right to be mad at you. I am only sorry that I was not there when you needed me the most."

Three years in hell with Hades and I've finally apologized for my weakness. I was not strong enough beat my strongest spell. That was it. 

"And how do you propose to tell this to my husband, Philip?"

I could think of several ways.. however, those includes the thoughts of funny, accidental deaths on his side.  

"That's not my problem, he is your husband after all. Not mine, Aurora."

I may have let out a tiny giggle. Her eyes lighten up as if she has read my mind.

"You were thinking about taking him out of the equation aren't you?" she said, accusing me of such criminal notions.

"Me, doing equations? Not in seven hells, Aurora. Why would I kill him?"

She smirked at me! The audacity!

"Okay, fine, I may have thought of that which is, I know, unacceptable. So are you gonna keep us or what?"

"Fairy godmother... you know I would always keep you. Always, my fairy godmother."

"Wonderful!" I said.

"Little Mal can rot here."

"Sure she can! Wait what-"

"I don't know her, why would I take her in? So my Audrey can fall in love with her like I did to you? If that's going to happen then I will create my own Queendom where they can live safely and accepted for being who they are."

"Aurora, seriously, your jokes can be so dark sometimes and it just goes so deep, calm down, would you?"

"I'm sorry, I think I'm having emotional breakdown, Mal. I didn't think you would ever come back to live with me."

"Well, I can't keep raising children in the wilderness like I did to you. My child and your child can at least be on a better civilization."

"I agree. You raised me well though." She smiled looking up to me. 

"That I am proud of." I smiled back at her.

Little did I know, my skies opened up with sunshine. Flowers bloomed and birds soaring up high, a hint of rainbow flashed in the horizon.

I know I can never take back what we did in the past. Aurora's smile will never be the same again. She was stronger now. There may be some times that I fight the urge to kiss her, I know suppressing my emotions is the best way to stay in our own boundaries. 

Her new Queendom gained higher status as she followed my guidance. Under my protection, enemies didn't dare to come at our forces.

We raised our kids in the palace and they often play in the moors too. They may have grew apart as they grow older as their duties differ from each other. 

As I watched my beloved Aurora from afar, my thoughts drifted back to when I first kissed her. I may have brought her back to life. But we all know that it was her who gave me the purpose to start living again.

The End

-Maleficent