Turned 10: Sucker

Maleficent's POV

I was still in the process of moving on with my life. I have a baby now, little Mal. Remember when i lost my wings one time when a boy took it from me just to get a seat and be a royalty? i feel way worse when i left Aurora. It was like walking with a bigger hole in my chest and an empty soul. Without a purpose to live on, now, i have to deal with Hades' offspring.

It took me quite a while to calm down from that terrible break up. I spent months binge watching the forest from this cave. Away from sunlight, my wings felt heavy on my back. It has been so long since my last flight. I was brokenhearted.

Days would pass me by, each as lonely as the other.

Most of the time i let my minions take care of the baby. She doesn't have wings so it was easier to just put her on a crib and not on a cage. Around the evening i would hold her to keep her warm, my mind wanders to her sometimes. Her baby face and her insane smile has gone a bit mature now, oh how i miss her so...

When she came in close to my forest I couldn't help but lead her here. So i let the dirty animals do the work and I may have tried to scare her a little by pushing her off the cliff. It was nice hearing her scream. Like come on, it's always nice to make your girl scream. It was fun. Only when i was face to face with her, i chickened out. I may have said a mouthful of hurtful words that i have bottled up since i was revived.

The water, of course, fell off my eyes.

"If you don't want me here with you, I can just go Fairy godmother."

"Then go, Aurora."

"That's uhmm... I can't climb up."

"Right, my bad, beastie. Well maybe call your prince to come and save you."

"Maleficent, if you really don't want me here just let me out and i'll get out of your hair. I mean, i know you're not in a good mood having me here. And i know, no apology can ever make things better between us. Just give me a lift."

"A lift? Heh." a single mocking chuckle for that, she needs me to get her a lift now thinking back then isn't that why she always hang out with me? For a lift...this girl really knows how to crack me up.

"What?" she said.

"No."

"Why not?"

"It's getting dark, you need four hours to get back on your kingdom. I can't believe you wandered here on foot."

"I wanted to check on clues so i can trace where you are. Broken branches of trees that's been healed. So i can't really be on a horse. Wait, were you watching me?"

"Don't flatter yourself too much, Aurora. I am the forest. This is my reign, remember?"

"Well if you could just lend me your horse, i'll be on my way."

"I don't have a horse... to lend you. We are not friends." Ugh why does she insist so much on getting out? I've been throwing barrels of hints Beastie!

"I suppose i'll just climb my way out on these branches then, you'll catch me if i fall right?"

"Of course i'll ca-" shit, "Of course not!"

"Hahahahaaa! Oh I got you there Fairy godmother." she laughed like it was the funniest thing she heard. "I haven't laugh like this in a very very long time. Ho! Okay I've calmed down. So....can i stay over? There's a storm coming in an hour and it's a big one. It could last a few days."

"You know how the weather works now?"

"The weather forecast was common in the future. It's designed to notify the people to stay indoors until the sky clears up. I've implemented that in my kingdom now. There have been a lot of changes actually."

"Right, you went to check the future in your slumber."

"Are you okay with me staying for a couple of days to pass the storm?"

"Am I okay to spend time with you on a rainy season? What is this a makeup chapter?"

"What now?"

"Very well, you can stay over until the storm is gone."

"Maleficent?" she said my name like a little kid looking for a candy.

"Aurora," I replied on a serious note.

"I know you can make the storm stay." Now she's implying something. I'm not a fool in this kind of conversation. She thinks I will let it rain for the rest of our lives just so I can be with her. The audacity of this beast of a woman! "Hah, you really do flatter yourself too much."

"Since you came back, it has been a non-stop medley of rain and thunderstorms." She said.

"So what? You're blaming me for rainy season?" Well, I have been incredibly grumpy and emotionally fucked up since we broke up and I know she suffered as much when I was away for those years in slumber. Somehow, only the storm can numb the pain but it doesn't mean it's taken away the pain. It's still visibly here. In front of her, I was the jigsaw puzzle left behind after all the pieces on the sides were done. The center pieces, left scattered on the table, unsolved, untouched.

"No! It doesn't matter!"

"My plants need water!" I seriously suck at this game.

"Fairy godmother, if you're going to make it storm. Don't ever make it stop. I don't mind... I don't mind at all."