Turned 8: Sorry, My Lover

Aurora

You must be wondering what made me change the way that i am today. My mother died. She stumbled on the stairs while bringing flowers on Maleficent's room. She hit her head and bleed out to death. It was midnight, nobody was there when it happened. I was up early on that day when i found my mother's dead body covered in dark frozen blood. I don't blame Maleficent for that. My mother used to love her too. She once told me that if bringing her flowers would brighten Maleficent's day she would do it so eagerly to show her gratitude for taking good care of me when i was a child.

Losing Maleficent and my mother Leah brought so much sorrow. And still my dumb-ass face and body would never react the way i should feel because of the gifts the fairies gave me. It drove me crazy, smiling while crying my heart out. 

I cast my three useless aunts out of my kingdom. I never wanna hear from them ever again. How could i mourn the death of my mother if the gift rewrites my emotions?
"My gift is that you'll never be blue, only happy all the days of your life." Those are the words that my aunt said when i was a baby. It was written in the history.  

Maleficent left the palace, i have nothing left to say to her. I was finally free from the guilt of cheating on her. I was out of a relationship that didn't turn the way i wanted. 

"Aurora, my queen." Phillip called out, "What would you like me to do about the awakening of Maleficent?"

"You will not lay a finger on her, Phillip. She will forever be under the protection of the queen."

"I thought you want her gone?"

"What?"

"You said that while you were smoking the dry leaves in your bed."

"I don't remember, Phillip. Forget what I said, we have a wedding to prepare."

"Right." He walked away and suddenly turned back at me, "I was just thinking..."

"What is it?"

"Don't you think it would be wise if we had the fairies back in the palace for protection since Maleficent is back?"

"I don't know. I don't need their protection. I've got you, Philip."

"Oh wow, as much as it flatters me so deeply, my queen. I am no match with Maleficent's wrath."

"Then get someone else. I've banished them from my kingdom, I would never take them back. My words are absolute. Remember that."

"As you wish."

He was nothing but a dog to me. He is not made to be a king, he's just a pet who follows orders from his queen.

We may have enjoyed using our bodies to release some stress, but never have i ever let my heart fall in love again the way i did with Maleficent. With Phillip, my heart is safe. If i lose him i would not be hurt. He's one of those disposable boys. I would never trust him the way i trusted Mal. I have learned quite a lot from this life.

After a couple of weeks, Phillip and I got married and I haven't heard a thing about Maleficent since the day she left the palace.