Turn 11: The Girl Who Can't Be Moved

I would be a fool to deny that Maleficent was a flawless, sexy woman, but so what? She had only kissed a man that I believed was her lover, and the smile on her face after they kissed, reminded how a jerk I could be. She was off limits. Way too off limits. What on the world am I doing, fantasizing about her? I find myself to be some kind of Hollywood royalty.

Yes, but that was before I knew her, before she showed some concern for me and for my family, before I noticed the wink of laughter in her eyes, the hint of kindness. Let's face it, I think I'm falling for her.

"Oh, no way!" I said out loud.

"What?" Maleficent said.

"Nothing, I...I got lost in my own thoughts."

"Why are you using that filthy wand, Aurora?" she said. "Don't you know that those fairies use that only to please themselves? Its dirty darling put it down."

"Malefica," a man said.

The demon boss was standing next to her. His dark eyes glinted, but beneath his moustache one corner of his mouth twitched as if he was amused at her bluster and boldness.

I supposed if he smiled there was a chance he might be handsome. A slim chance, to another woman but unfortunately-I could sense that Maleficent was attracted to him.

"Oh, dear this is Aurora my little child. Aurora, this is Lixieus Amber Vaughn. He's the one I told you last night." Maleficent winked.

No...

"I just want to marry you wherever you want, my love." said Lixieus, the demon boss.

He rubbed his face to Maleficent's cheek.

"Hey!" I cut in. "Don't do that as if I'm not here!"

"You want Malefica to do this to you?" Lixieus said.

I almost grinned. So he did have a sense of humor. Not that it mattered.

"Look, Lixy, I know you're busy," I said, angling my chin upward in order to study the man.

"I think the easiest thing to do would be for you to leave my kingdom and don't ever come back."

"But your kingdom is gone. We sent you out, tail between your legs, kitten." He said bored.

I was too tired to rein in my anger and I felt my cheeks flush. Why the hell was this demon boss prejudging me?

"This land is my kingdom." Hitching a finger in his direction-

"And please...quit touching Maleficent in front of me."

"Your kingdom? It is my kingdom now!" he said, "As well as Maleficent."

Then I realized a queen without her people was just an ordinary royalty. Who will I rule if my people were gone? The soldiers, the citizens, and my family, they're all gone. I was forced to move to the moors back to where I grew. I went back home but there's no one here. I sat on the dinning chair and poured myself a cup of tea.

"Maleficent changed..."I thought out loud as I glanced down. I took a sip of my tea and rested it to the saucer.

"Prince Phillip was a pervert, my Aunts are nowhere to be found, the citizens were cursed to sleep forever, Diablo got knocked off and I don't know where he is."

"You're not the one she needed."

"Who's that?" I said.

"Remember those walls she built? It was for your sake but you crashed them down with your smile. You melted her heart, Briar Rose."

"Who are you!? Show yourself! And how did you know my pseudonym?"

"We're here... from a distance... in a sea of green leaves there's only you. You're in love with a witch how could you not realize that? She is our queen not you!"

"What are you talking about?"

A gust of wind swept inside the darkened house. As cold as all of winter, near-dead embers in the fireplace illuminated a brighter red. A Mandrill monkey lying near the chair lifted his head and let out a low growl.

His nose actually looked like an owl, red from the nose bridge down to the tips. His cheeks were like fish gills. He's got broken yellowish fangs. He really looked like an old gorilla.

Oh! And one more thing, he had a rainbow butt!

My eyes narrowed as I squinted at the silhouette easing into the small room. As dark as it was, I recognize the animals I used to play with toward the stairs. They were staring at me with wide accusing eyes. There was a young chicken I named Yung. She had her foot on her face as if she was bored, and her eyes were closed too. The colored little birds, mice, deer, chipmunks, rabbits, and squirrels were here but why? It's already evening; they're not supposed to be here

"Guys, do you know who's that creepy voice talking to me just now?"

Their heads eventually yawed towards the Mandrill.

"He's the one?" I said.

The Mandrill walked over the dining table and took a seat next to me. He grabbed the cup of tea and took a long sip.

"Ah, thanks... that was very relaxing." He said. "My name is Mandy, I live in the woods and I am the deputy viceroy of the moors, Father of Maleficent."

Snorting, I covered my mouth trying not to lough.

"You're kidding, right?"

He's insane! How could be a creepy talking monkey be Maleficent's father? I think he's manipulating me. But not because a monkey can talk didn't mean I'd believe him like that.

"Nope." He said. "Maleficent haven't returned for more than a week now and the forest are starting to lose control. Without her, the forest will collapse and die. If this irregularity continues soon the whole forest will turn into a lifeless desert."

A/N: I'll be on a semestral break for two weeks, gotta chill. :)