Turned 11: Thirsty

A/n: Hey guys, I got a new job for about two months now. That's exactly why my updates got held up haha xD Gotta feed my pets! But here we go now...

Aurora's POV

I didn't get a wink of sleep. Maleficent was cuddling her baby to sleep. She had her wings over the baby. It got me thinking, did she do that to me too when I was a baby? She's probably sound asleep, i don't know... I was just staring at her the whole time. 

Looking at her right now, in a dimmed light, I noticed that her face had reshaped into a much more human form. Her skin tone turned white with a slight touch of pink on her cheeks. Her lips, just as plump as ever. Her lashes would simply mock mine. I thought to myself, tonight would be the night. I was desperate for her voice to call my name as soft and mellow like she did years ago. But Maleficent is a proud woman, I love that about her. She would never apologize for anything, not that she did something wrong aside from cursing me to death. 

The day I married Philip was the day I realized I wasted a lifetime feeling not myself. It was a formality to keep my suitors away. All these excuses... I remember everything I did when she was asleep. I was one hell of a mess without her. My world was on fire.

"What made you wake up, Maleficent?"

I noticed her eyes slightly openned, enough to see a glimpse of her green eyes. She wasn't asleep. That look on her face when she slightly moved her lips in a small smile. It put me into trance. My mind wandered of making her smile to the fullest again. To make her laugh on my silly jokes. What the hell happened to me? 

"I woke up to stop your wedding." she said looking at me.

I was in awe. I couldn't muster a word. It struck my heart. I was confused. How did that happen? Can she wake up on her own? I know all of my efforts to wake her from her slumber was useless. Does it matter now? I can only hear her words echo on this cave. She woke up to stop my wedding. She got out of that same curse I was in to stop me from marrying Phillip but I married him anyway...because I was a fool. I never really asked her how she got out of that curse, did I? 

"H-how...Maleficent, I don't know what to say."

"Mm... You didn't see that coming, huh?" She got up from her bed and looked at her baby. "She's how I got back."

"I don't understand."

"Hades, god of the underworld... I was desperate to get out of that hellhole so I made a deal with him. He said you're getting married so I didn't waste a second of my death." She paused and tok a deep breath. She started again with a softer voice this time. "I'm sorry, Aurora. I know I let my emotions get the best of me. I was upset about knowing that you're marrying someone else." 

"Oh," was all I could say.

"What happened to you?" She asked, "I didn't go to your wedding. I couldn't bring myself to ruin your special day, like i did to your christening." She cocked her eyebrows at that and shoot me with a loopsided smile.

"A lot has happened, Maleficent."

"Well, we have the whole week to catch up. So do tell, beastie."

Holy crap, there goes memory lane. One look at her eyes and I'm back to that same trance i was in a while ago. 

"Do you have anything to drink? This is gonna be a long night."