Chapter 1

"Hannah, can you please take the last of the suitcases out to the car? I have to get the last of my suitcases!” shouted my mother from her bedroom.

         I stood there looking at my now empty bedroom. It looked so naked compared to when it had been detailed down to perfection with placement of furniture, the memories of pictures and color scheme. It was all gone because of our last minute move.

      I’m Hannah, and I’m 18 and just graduated and I live in the sunny streets of San Diego, California. I love it here, it’s perfect for me. We live right next to the beach so I have a beautiful view every day. My room was spacious and we live in a cozy little town house, perfect for my tastes. I drive a yellow VW bus and I love it and unfortunately, I had to sell it. Everything was slipping away and suddenly my life wasn’t so great. I had to leave my best friends Rebecca and Demi here and the beach and my car and my perfect house. London, here I come.

       “Sure Ma. I’ll get it in a sec.” I responded after a few seconds. I took one last look at my room before I voyaged on to a new life. I got downstairs and picked up the other suitcases and took them out to the car. Unfortunately, we had to sell our furniture for it would not fit in the new house. Faaaantastic.

       “Thanks sweetie, now we have to go or we’ll be late!” my mother said, struggling to put in her earring as she came down the stairs. She, of course, looked like a model and I was wearing sweats and an old T-shirt, I mean c’mon. We were going on a plane, not a runway.

        We got into the car and headed off to the airport, and of course it was PACKED. We got boarded and I sure was not looking forward to this long flight. Just great. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Becca and Demi.

To: Demi<3, Becca(;

Hey guys, I’m off. I’m going to miss you SOOO much. I’ll skype, facetime, text and call as much as possible. Had fun yesterday with our last day together as the three best friends anybody could ever have(; I’m going to start crying if I don’t send this right now. I love you guys sooooo much, and I WILL SEE YOU SOON <3 goodbye you two. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

      As soon as I received the pop-up notifying that the message was sent a tear slowly slid down my face and dropped directly on my phone. I’m truly going to miss the life that once was perfect. Eventually I fell deeply into a restless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~