Chapter Fifteen

Amelia arrived to class late the next day which wasn’t great as Professor Binns stopped his reading when she walked in and he looked surprise which was a rarity. Binns never has any emotion on his face... ever. He narrowed his eyes at Amelia coming into the room and the sleeping students woke up when Binns’ voice stopped its monotonous reading. They all turned to look at Amelia as though this was probably the highlight of there day. Amelia pushed her bag onto her shoulder and sighed and then sniffed.

‘Sorry I’m late, Professor,’ Amelia said in a hoarse voice.

‘Miss Weasley, why-’ Professor Binns started but was soon interrupted. Amelia was strangely happy to hear his dead tone. She didn't think she could bear it if he actually had a caring tone since he was... well, he was a ghost. He didn't feel any emotions.

‘You’ve been crying,’ stated James suddenly, interrupting Professor Binns with a jolt, ‘why? What happened?’

Amelia rubbed her eyes tiredly and she knew perfectly well that her eyes were red as though she had been crying all night. That was true; she had been crying but not all night, she fell asleep around about three in the early morning. Amelia felt tears threaten to leak when she turned to face her cousin who was sitting next to a pretty blonde.

‘No, I haven’t...’ Amelia lied. Although she was a good liar in any other situation, she couldn't lie when she was upset... especially to James who was just like her other half. Amelia and James got on like a house on fire but they fought a lot too. They had been together since James had been born. Her voice broke half way between saying the word “haven’t” and James sighed as she rubbed under her eyes as though forcing the tears to stay in.

‘Amelia-’ James started but there was a ruffle as Professor Binns opened the book again. He seemed to not want any part of this cousin drama and he showed it. The students were looking from Amelia’s red eyes and messy hair to James who looked as though he would murder anyone for Amelia.

‘Miss Weasley, if you are feeling unwell I suggest you could pay Madam Pomfrey a visit. Otherwise, take your seat and confer with your cousin all you want after my class,’ Binns spoke in a dead voice and stared at her in a dead and fixed way. A few people sighed and turned to the front since they knew the show was over. The others waited for Amelia to say something cheeky or funny since she usually did.

‘Yes, sir,’ Amelia said and James narrowed his eyes at her. If she hadn’t been so upset she might have spoken back to the teacher since Amelia didn’t like to be ordered around.

But she didn't speak back. She listened to him and took a seat at the back of the class, next to James table. Then James realised who she was sitting next to and he nearly jumped up out of his seat and extracted his wand... but he didn't. Amelia smiled at Scorpius as she sat next to him and turned her back on James who was sitting at the table next to her.

‘Everything alright?’ asked Scorpius, watching Amelia take her quill and parchments out of her bag. Amelia sniffed once again and glanced at him, unable to stop her eyes from travelling down his body to see his stretched out legs. He was tall and that was one of his great attraction... and those eyes...

‘Fine,’ Amelia answered simply but she felt anything but fine at that particular moment. She sorted her hair so that it sat over her shoulder and realised that Scorpius was watching he.

‘Want to talk about it?’ Scorpius whispered, helpfully.

‘Why would she talk to you? You little git,’ James sneered and grabbed Amelia’s arm, turning her around only to see the glare on her face. They all looked to the front but Binns seemed to be going on and on about some war that no one cared about. James was unaffected by Amelia’s glare so he continued in a low voice, ‘tell me who hurt you so I can end their life. You would never cry in front of anyone, Amelia. This is obviously serious.’