Chapter Thirty-Seven

Amelia and Scorpius got off the Hogwarts train, for the last time, hand in hand. They both held their trunks in the other hand and moved away from the train exit where pupils were surging out to meet their parents. Scorpius’ eyes couldn’t help but scan the parents, looking for a pair of identical grey eyes and blonde messy hair. He didn’t find it.

‘He’s really gone?’ Amelia asked, looking at his expression when he couldn’t find Draco anywhere. Scorpius nodded at her, not meeting her eyes.

He had told Amelia whilst they were still in Hogwarts that Draco had sent him a letter explaining that he wasn’t going to pick him up at the train station since that was what Scorpius wanted, that Draco was going to leave. Scorpius was old enough to stay on his own and he didn’t want Draco around him which is why his father had left. He didn’t expect him to be here but it still hurt a little that he wasn’t.

‘I told him to leave and he did. I don’t have to legally live with him,’ Scorpius muttered and then shook his head. He picked up her trunk and then his own, ‘would you like me to carry your stuff to your parents?’

Amelia nodded and then pointed to where Fred and Hermione were standing, ‘they’re right there. We could tell them that I’m moving in with you once we get home?’

‘If you wish,’ Scorpius smiled at her and leaned forwards to kiss her. Amelia smiled back and returned the kiss before they walked over to Fred and Hermione. Fred had his arm around Hermione’s shoulder and was talking to her but he stopped when he saw Amelia. He hugged her instantly. Scorpius nodded at Hermione, ‘Mrs Weasley.’

‘Scorpius,’ Hermione nodded briskly, her eyes looking around for any sign of Draco but there wasn’t any. She sighed and turned to see Amelia who was looking at her. Hermione smiled at her daughter before enveloping her in a hug, ‘I’ve missed you so much, Amelia.’

‘You don’t mind if Scorpius comes over, right?’ Amelia asked as she pulled away from the hug with her mother. Fred and Hermione exchanged a glance and Amelia smiled, ‘actually... we have some news.’

‘Please tell me you’re not pregnant,’ Hermione muttered seriously, her face going white. Fred raised his eyebrows at Amelia and then turned to glare at Scorpius as though he could kill him just with a look.

‘No, no! Not that!’ Amelia assured them, glancing at her father, ‘can we just go home?’

Amelia sighed as Fred reached forwards and took her trunk from Scorpius’ hand. She gave Scorpius an apologetic smile and took his hand before taking her father’s and they all apparated back home. Fred took his daughter’s trunk back into her room as Scorpius and Amelia went to the living room.

‘We’ll just tell them straight out, okay?’ Amelia said nervously, sitting next to him as she heard her mother rummage about in the kitchen probably getting them all some drinks.

‘They’ll kill me and bury my body where no one will find it,’ Scorpius said a little dramatically. Amelia chuckled and assured him that was not going to be the case. Scorpius didn’t look too sure.

‘I love you, okay?’ Amelia muttered, leaning forwards and pressing her lips to his, ‘and I want to be with you.’

Fred walked in, followed closely by Hermione who had four drinks in a tray. She set the tray down in front of them and handed Amelia and Scorpius a drink each before sitting down next to Fred. He felt his hand rest on the small of her back and smiled.

‘So, what’s the big news?’ Fred asked.

‘Well...’ Amelia glanced at Scorpius who raised his eyebrows at her as though to say that she would have to tell them. She rolled her eyes and smiled, looking back at her father, ‘Scorpius has asked me to... move in with him and I said yes.’