Chapter Seven

‘Just... get off me!’ Hermione yelled, pushing Ron’s solid grip off her arm. He didn't listen to her at all and grabbed her arm a little tighter, pulling him behind her. Hermione felt anger rush up her body making her glow and feel really warm, ‘stop pulling me. RON!

‘Harry needs to leave right now for his honeymoon but he won’t leave without seeing you!’ yelled Ron and he suddenly turned around and backed Hermione against the wall. His blue eyes shone with anger and impatience as he grabbed her hand, ‘so shut up and follow me before Harry makes a scene.’

‘You don’t have to pull me. I’m capable of walking on my own, Ronald,’ Hermione muttered, her hands shaking as Ron let go of her. They stared at each other for a while. The questions burned in Ron’s eyes but he knew that Hermione didn't and wasn’t going to talk about Fred. She walked past him and went down the deserted staircase.

Hermione wiped her tears from under her eyes and quickly glanced into the mirror which hung in the kitchen. She looked absolutely awful and definitely as though she had been crying. Hermione extracted her wand from her purse, glad that she hadn’t forgot it. With a wave, the mascara under her eyes disappeared and her face wasn’t glowing with tears anymore. She breathed a couple of times as she left the kitchen and went to the tent which was swarming with people gathered around Ginny and Harry.

‘Hermione! There you are!’ Harry exclaimed, relieved that he had found her. The worry drained off his face and he pulled her in for a hug that Hermione gladly returned although she felt as though she could just stand there, hugging Harry, and start to cry all over again. She breathed deeply and managed a strangled smile as he pulled back. His hands went to her face and he stared into her eyes before whispering, ‘are you okay?’

‘I’m happy... for you, Harry. Just enjoy your honeymoon and do not worry about a thing,’ Hermione lied, hoping she had convinced him. Harry smiled and then turned to look at Ginny who was saying goodbye to her parents. They were crying and holding onto her and Hermione felt her heart deflate when she thought of her own parents... they would never hold onto her like that... Harry turned back to her, ‘Ron’s throwing a party for everyone later at his house but you look tired. You can go to my apartment and sleep there since we’re leaving right now. Just apparate in, help yourself to the food and shower and anything you want, understand?’

‘Thank you, Harry. You really are a great friend,’ Hermione said, pulling him in for a last hug. He was pulled from behind and Hermione let him go so that Ron could hug him. Hermione noticed Ginny and went up to her. Ginny turned as she neared, ‘have fun, Ginny. You are so perfect for him. I’m glad he’s with someone who makes him happy. He really loves you.’

‘I know how much he loves me, Hermione,’ Ginny said and her hand went to the small bump in her own stomach. Then she looked up to Hermione and scrutinised her before saying, ‘you should figure out who makes you happy.’

‘It... it’s not that easy,’ Hermione whispered uncomfortably. The brown eyes never left her and she didn't smile at all.

‘It seems very easy for Fred. He’d give his life for you and he loves you so much that he thinks he’s not good enough for you,’ Ginny shook her head with disgust and took a step closer to Hermione before whispering, ‘and you know, he is perfect for you. Anyone would be lucky to have him in their life, Hermione. He might kiss other girls but he doesn’t love them!’

Hermione chuckled and was aware that everyone was waiting for them to finish. They weren’t listening to their conversation though. They were trying to comfort a crying Mrs Weasley and a pale Mr Weasley. Hermione turned behind her to see Harry looking at them with narrowed eyes. She flashed him a smile and turned to Ginny, pulling her in for a hug.