Chapter Thirty-Three

Amelia woke not to the sound of birds singing from the windows, nor to a kiss from Scorpius. She awoke suddenly when she heard a loud thump followed swiftly by a curse word in a sleepy, deep and attractive voice. She rubbed her eyes and looked up, yawning, as Scorpius sat up on the floor in his boxers, his hair sticking up.

‘What...?’ Amelia asked, still not fully awake since she trailed off at that sentence.

‘Can we not spend nights on a sofa that can barely let one person sleep on it without falling off?’ Scorpius grumbled, standing up and clutching his lower back with a frown, ‘or just wait until we can find a proper bed...’

‘Come here,’ Amelia smirked, waking up a little now. She sat up, dragging the sheets around her body and told him to sit in front of her, his back to him. Scorpius did so and groaned appreciatively as Amelia rubbed his back and smiled, ‘so, nights? In the plural? Does that mean we can do this again?’

‘Only if you enjoyed it this time?’ Scorpius said, closing his eyes as her hands worked on his back. Amelia thought to last night and blushed bright red, staying silent. Scorpius misunderstood her silence and frowned, ‘promise it gets better after the first time.’

‘It was great, really,’ Amelia said truthfully. She had to admit that it hurt but Scorpius took it slow and made it so much easier for her, he was everything she could have hoped for. Scorpius stopped and turned to her, worry on his face when he saw her expression. She didn't look particularly happy. Amelia sighed and tried to smile, ‘you couldn't have been better.’

‘Something tells me there’s a “but” after that sentence,’ Scorpius muttered, reaching out and playing with a strand of her hair, something he had been doing quite a lot since last night. Amelia shifted forwards until they were close enough, she wrapped her arms around him and leaned her head on his chest, ‘did I do something wrong?’

‘No! As I said, you couldn’t have been better but,’ Amelia frowned as he rolled his eyes. She looked down at his chest, ‘I think we really need to let people know we’re together now.’

‘Oh, that’s the reason? Great! You had me worrying about my ability in bed,’ Scorpius chuckled and took her face in his hands. Amelia looked up, into his eyes, and waited for him to say something else. He shrugged, ‘fine, if you want people to know we’re together, I have no problem with that.’

‘Oh really? You had a problem before, why not now?’ Amelia asked, lifting the sheets a little to cover her better.

‘Because I love you... and I don’t want anyone to think that they’ll have a chance with you, not when I’m around,’ Scorpius said, once again playing with a strand of her hair. He followed the strand down, down, down towards her stomach and then stopped there, putting a hand on her waist, as he whispered, ‘you should wear some clothes.’

‘Don’t look,’ she whispered, kissing him before standing up with the sheets still around her. She turned back to him and grinned, ‘close your eyes!’

‘Hey, I’ve already seen you naked. You’ll never take that away from me,’ Scorpius smirked but he stood up and turned his back on her, putting on his own clothes. Amelia wore her bra and pants in silence, thinking to herself. Scorpius sighed, ‘I have Quidditch practice with Potter today, just so you know. You can come and watch me beat him, if you want?’

‘I would but I have homework and studying to do. I already missed half of it because I had to come here with you,’ Amelia pretended to be annoyed and then chuckled, wearing the dress that she wore last night again. She turned, watching him put on his trousers, ‘we could study together, you know, since our relationship is public now.’