Chapter Twenty-Two

Percy arrived that night after everyone had gone off to bed – Amelia had met him in the morning at breakfast and was glad that Percy hugged her with a smile on his face - with his very beautiful, in Amelia’s views, wife. Audrey Weasley greeted everyone with a smile on her face; even Fred and Hermione who hadn’t really seen her after Percy’s wedding. There was a dimple on the right side of her cheek and her blonde hair framed the side of her small face. She had light brown eyes that reminded Amelia of autumn for some reason. They also had two children who looked more like Audrey but still had the famous Weasley hair; Molly and Lucy. Molly, named after Mrs Weasley, was ten years old and very excited to be getting her Hogwarts acceptance letter next year. She also had a dimple on her cheek and was very happy to meet Amelia and the rest of the family. Lucy herself was seven and ‘absolutely adorable’ in Hermione’s opinion but she hid behind Percy’s legs. She was shy.

‘Hi,’ Dominique, Victoire’s younger sister who was sixteen years old, said and sat beside Amelia when they were having breakfast. Amelia thought this to be odd since Dominique hadn’t said a word to her yesterday.

‘Hey, Dominique,’ Amelia smiled none the less and noticed that she was really pretty. She had the straight Weasley red hair but her eyes were a brighter blue than Amelia’s and, of course, she was part Veela like her mother and sister.

‘So... James, Lily, Albus, Louis and I were thinking about playing a game of chess and seeing on who could win the most games after breakfast,’ Dominique said and poured herself some cereal. She glanced at Amelia with her eyes and Amelia noticed she wore eyeliner. She was pretty enough without make up, she thought but didn't say anything. Dominique coughed awkwardly, ‘we need one more player. Molly and Lucy were talking to Victoire, I think, and asking her if they could do her hair so they won’t play. So do you... do you want to...?’

‘What Dominique is trying to ask you,’ James appeared and managed to sit in between them on the bench that Mrs Weasley had fixed up with some magic. Dominique frowned as he climbed over and nearly sat on top of her. She moved to the left and he sat down, looking at Amelia, ‘is that do you want to play chess with us?’

‘Yeah, I think she understood me,’ Dominique said and kicked him when he tried to steal her orange juice. James frowned at her but she only turned back to Amelia, ‘so what do you say, Amelia? Want to play chess?’

‘With him? No thanks,’ Amelia said, glancing at James as she ate her breakfast. James turned the frown to her and narrowed his eyes. Dominique raised her perfectly trimmed eyebrows as if expecting an explanation, ‘he always beats me whenever we play in Hogwarts!’

‘He beats me too! We played in Hogwarts once as well,’ Dominique said. Amelia smiled politely as they bickered over their game of chess. She felt a bit left out since Dominique never said a word to her while they were in Hogwarts but she shoved that thought aside. They were talking to her now, weren’t they? ‘I’d love to play chess.’

‘I told you she would play chess,’ James said and linked arms with Amelia. He took this chance to steal some of her toast and ate it, talking with his mouth full, ‘she loves playing with me even if she won’t admit it.’

‘I hate you, James,’ Amelia said, looking at him with a serious expression but she could tell that he could see right through her. She took back the toast and glared at him, ‘get your own food!’

‘She loves me really,’ James said to Dominique who just rolled her eyes. Amelia scoffed as he got up and walked towards Charlie and Bill, starting a conversation with them. Dominique looked at Amelia curiously as though she was some sort of insect. Amelia blushed.

‘What?’ she asked.

‘You and James get on great. It’s like you’re twins,’ Dominique smiled, ‘it’s quite cute.’