Chapter Twenty-Eight

It was Bill’s idea to eat in a bar that was near a nightclub and, to Hermione, it seemed like a very bad idea. She would love to eat out in a fancy restaurant and order something from a menu while light music played in the background but that was no one else’s idea of fun. Harry, Percy, and Ginny agreed to eat out in a bar since they could just pop on over to the night club and dance and have a few drinks and let loose rather than be the worrisome parents for a while.

‘Wouldn’t it be better to eat out in a restaurant and just chat? We never seem to do that?’ Hermione said to Harry, leaning over Fred, as she glanced down at the small menu in her hand. It was full of greasy and fried food that she was not expecting to eat tonight. Fred leaned backwards into his chair to let Hermione talk to Harry.

‘Oh, lighten up. I’m sick of eating proper food, I think it’s good to just buy something unhealthy and eat that. Plus, we’ve never been to a club since we were too busy hunting down Voldemort to enjoy our teenage years,’ Harry said, bitterly. She knew he sometimes didn't like to miss out on opportunities that he should have been a part of, opportunities such as actually enjoying his teenage years. Hermione sighed at him and he sighed outrageously back, ‘we won’t get drunk. We’ll just have some fun.’

‘Yes, but we are not teenagers anymore. I have a child and you have three!’ Hermione laughed a little as Harry leaned over to pat her hand empathetically. Hermione rolled her eyes at Harry’s cheerfulness.

‘Exactly the reason why we should let loose tonight in that club. We’re not that old, Hermione,’ Harry rolled his eyes and he turned around to Ginny who was asking him a question.

Hermione smiled a little at how he was acting tonight since usually Harry was the one to keep them all on track. Sure, Harry deserved to do whatever he liked, even if that meant acting like a teenager at times. He had been through too much and he should have some fun. In the end, they ordered two large pizzas to share for the whole group and soon enough even the pizzas were finished. Hermione had one slice and she casually slid her second half slice over to Fred, not really feeling hungry anymore. He glanced at her and slid the slice back over to her.

‘Eat it, you haven’t ate anything all day today,’ Fred said, the only words he had spoken to her since they got to the bar. It was true that Hermione hadn’t ate anything since she was too buys making the food for all of the other people in the house.

‘Not hungry,’ Hermione shrugged, looking at the slice of pizza. It wasn’t great but it would have to do for dinner. She wondered what Amelia was doing for dinner and then remembered that she had left them some food in the fridge.

‘Don’t get too drunk tonight, guys,’ Victoire said as Ron made suggestions about going to the night club and getting a couple of drinks to Percy. Teddy wrapped his arm around her waist as some of the others laughed, looking up at Victoire.

‘Just because you can’t drink...’ Audrey smiled and took her hand, ‘I’m sure Teddy will give up drinking for you tonight.’

‘Definitely,’ Teddy agreed and Victoire smiled at him, her hand rubbing her stomach where a new life was gradually growing. Hermione smiled too, watching their obvious love as Teddy said, ‘you can’t drink, I won’t drink. We can just eat food and dance, right?’

‘Right,’ Victoire rolled her eyes at the eat food part. She took Teddy’s hand in her own and glanced at Ron and Percy. They were itching to leave, Ron mostly, but didn’t want to seem rude. Victoire just giggled, ‘you guys can go to the club, if you want.’

‘Great! Let’s go!’ Isabelle said, standing up straight away. Hermione glanced up at them to see a peculiar expression on Ron’s face that she couldn't understand, ‘who else is going?’