Chapter Thirty-Four

‘I’ve not seen her for seventeen years! Can’t you understand that, Professor? I don’t want to see her! I don’t particularly want to see my father either but I won’t make a big deal about that. Just send my...mother on her way!’ Scorpius shouted as Amelia tried to calm him down by rubbing his arm soothingly.

Professor McGonagall looked unimpressed as she stood at the foot of his hospital bed. Madam Pomfrey frowned at Scorpius when he sighed impatiently as she tried to give him some pills. Amelia took them and thanked her with a strained smile and turned to Scorpius, glaring at him until he took the pills.

‘Your mother and father are here already, you should know,’ McGonagall said, ‘we’re just waiting for Harry... Mr and Mrs Potter to come so that I can speak with the parents first.’

‘Just expel me. It beats seeing that who-’ Scorpius cut his sentence short when Amelia hit his arm.

‘Never the less, I will be needing you and Mr Potter upstairs in my office in twenty minutes. I trust Miss Weasley will bring you,’ a hint of a smile appeared on McGonagall’s face and vanished in the next second. She nodded at both of them and took her leave.

‘You shouldn’t speak about your mother like that,’ Amelia said with disapproval in her voice.

‘You’re one to talk,’ Scorpius shook his head, waving away her hand as she tried to fix his hair. Amelia frowned a little, watching him groan when he tried to sit up. He gave up and lay back down, closing his eyes, ‘besides if you didn’t have a mother growing up and had a father who didn't care if you broke your arm, you would feel the same way.’

‘Your father cares a lot about you, Scorp. I can see that when he tries to talk to you and you just shut him out. He wasn’t against our relationship, no that was my parents. Not yours,’ Amelia let out a shaky breath, walking over to the other side of his bed and picking up a bag.

‘I don’t want to see her,’ Scorpius said after a while of watching her as she rooted through the bag. She pulled out a shirt and some jeans before turning around.

‘Man up,’ Amelia rolled her eyes and threw the clothes at him.

‘I can barely stand, Amelia,’ Scorpius said, wrinkling his nose at the shirt she had picked out for him. He wondered how she had even got some of his clothes since she obviously couldn’t get into the Slytherin common room...

‘Let me help you,’ Amelia said, holding out her hand for him. She bit her lip when Scorpius ignored her hand and stared intently at the shirt.

‘These aren’t mine,’ he concluded finally, holding it up and looking at her. Amelia didn't reply to him and he sighed, dropping the shirt, ‘they’re Potter’s?’

‘Oh, come on, Scorpius. I couldn't get into your dorm so I borrowed some of James’ clothes. Don’t make a big deal out of this,’ Amelia said, taking his hand, ‘now, let me help you up and get you changed.’

‘Amelia,’ he started, not taking her hand.

‘You’re so bloody stubborn!’ Amelia groaned, taking his hand and pulling him up. Scorpius grunted in pain as she sat him up successfully. He watched, massaging his back, as she closed the curtains around them and looked back at him, ‘get changed.’

‘Want to help?’ he asked, raising an eyebrow. Amelia chuckled and walked over to him. Her hands went to the buttons of his shirt and she slowly undid each one, feeling Scorpius’ fingers playing with her hair as he whispered, ‘what if I get expelled?’

‘You won’t,’ Amelia said instantly, looking down at his buttons.

‘But what if I do?’ he asked, frowning as he trailed the length of her hair right down to her stomach. His hand crawled along her stomach and stopped at her waist, waiting for her to reply. She didn't say anything, only took off his shirt and handed him his other one. Scorpius sighed and took it, putting it on but staring at her as well.