Chapter Thirty-Two

The week passed by grudgingly slow for Amelia and the classes were longer than she remembered they were. Her professors gave out homework on the very first lesson and all of the students were given the speech. The speech consisted of the opportunities available when they left Hogwarts and scaring the students by saying this was their last chance to get some qualifications before they would have to leave and live by themselves in the real world.

By the time Amelia got out of her last class, she felt as though her hands would drop off from all the writing as the stress ripped into her anew. She went straight to the library whilst everyone else went to their common room, dorm, or outside to the lake just to enjoy themselves. She guessed they would finally come to realise the amount of homework they had to do when the stack of homework started to tilt and spill all over the floor.

‘Hello, dear,’ the librarian smiled at her as Amelia walked in, ‘I hope you’re staying out of trouble.’

‘You know me, I don’t get into trouble,’ Amelia lied and smiled at her, shifting the stack of textbooks in her arms, ‘I don’t have any time to myself because of all this homework!’

‘That’s a price to pay to be successful,’ the librarian said and Amelia just nodded before walking down the aisles of books.

Amelia finally got to the table at the end of the library, where she usually sat, and saw a Gryffindor boy in her own year sitting there too. He looked up at her as she dumped the books onto the table with a bang and pulled back the chair before sitting on it, relieving her stress slightly. The boy, whose name was Jake, smirked and looked down at his textbook.

‘Sure, you can sit there. I don’t mind,’ he said softly, his eyes roaming the page.

‘Only if you don’t mind,’ Amelia chuckled, opening her History of Magic textbook, ‘you see, I usually sit here because it’s next to the window and there’s always a light breeze and I’m not going to move just because you’re here. Oh! We could do the History of Magic essay together, what do you say?’

‘You do realise that I’m friends with your cousin, James, right?’ he asked, hesitating a little as Amelia flicked through the textbook to the right page. She frowned, looking up at him and examining his green eyes.

‘Relax, I’m not asking you on a date or anything,’ she rolled her eyes at him. Jake chuckled, a throaty sound but quite appealing. Amelia smiled, ‘so History of Magic?’

 ‘I guess so,’ Jake shrugged and leaned back in his chair, watching as she finally got to the right page and wrote the heading on a piece of parchment. Amelia finally looked up at him.

‘Are you done staring?’ Amelia asked, sliding the textbook over to him, ‘let’s write this essay. I don’t have all day.’

‘I knew I’d find you here!’

Amelia turned and looked down the aisle of books to see Scorpius walking towards her, dressed in trousers and a white button down shirt with his tie loosened around his neck. He didn't notice Jake sitting in front of her as he leaned in and kissed her. Amelia smiled at him and kissed him back for a second before pulling back so she could look at his face. She really missed him even though he was in the same classes as she was but because he didn't want their relationship to be out there, they had to keep away from each other. Amelia waited, with a smirk, for Scorpius to realise that Jake was sitting in front of her whose mouth had nearly dropped open at their kiss.

‘Well, if I was a teenage girl and not friends with James Potter, the news of Amelia Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy kissing would have spread around the school so fast,’ Jake muttered.