Chapter 38

Nikki's  POV 

******
I heard a painful howl and i froze dead in my tracks because i knew exactly whose howl it was. I turned around and i saw Ryan(the brown wolf with a scar across his right eye) dig is teeth into my mates neck. Everything went blurry for a second but it cleared up, i wasnt in control of my body anymore and neither was my wolf. It was as if some other creature had taken over my body but allowed us to watch what they were doing. I snapped Ryan's neck and went straight to my mate, i shifted back into human form but i still wasnt in control of my body. My body was overwhelmed with pain and hatred, but it wasn't mine,well not only mine. I just stare and my mate.
"Everything is going to be ok, just don't close your eyes."
"Someone get me the pack doctor!" I yelled, but i didnt realize how loud it was until everyone flinched.
I kept on telling him that everything was going to be ok, but whatever was controlling my body just kept on getting stronger, next thing i know i am no longer in the clearing but rather a room with white walls and no furniture.
"My child." That is the most angelic voice I've ever heard, i turned around and when i saw who the voice belonged to, i bowed my head.
"There is no need for that Nikki. You are not beneath me, you are my equal." She flicked her fingers and a chair appeared behind me. She gestured for me to sit down and i did.
"I don't understand,  you are the moon goddess, how am i not beneath you?" Out of all the questions flying through my head i asked that one.
You are a werewolf, just like I am. Well you were one."
"What do you mean i was one? Am i not a werewolf anymore?" I am more confused and this is making me more angry.
"You are but you aren't. Let me try explain this better. Have you ever heard of Lycans?"
"Yes, but i dont understand what they have to do with anything." Lycans are like werewolves only stronger, a lot stonger but their weakness is their mate because a Lycan is never mated to a Lycan. There has never been more than one Lycan to exist at a time, every thousand years a child is believed to be gifted with the ability to become a Lycan by the moon goddess herself. They don't know they are a Lycan until some traumatic event takes place and it forces their Lycan to come out. During this process their original wolf is pushed to the back of their minds but is still there, the person can now shift into a Lycan instead of a wolf but every full moon they need to shift into their wolf.
"Oh." Is all I manage to say
"Yes, i gifted you with the ability to shift into a Lycan. But you are not the only one, your mate was also gifted with it"
"I dont understand, i thought only one person was gifted with the ability." I know this makes me sound extremely selfish, like i dont want Ryder to have the ability but i do, i just thought it wasnt possible.
"Normally yes but i have decided to start a new species, if thats what you want to call it."
"Why?"
"I am tired of all the fighting that is going on between the packs, so i gifted two wolves who were mates. This gives you and Ryder the ability to stop all the wars going on. You guys will become King and Queen of the werewolf species. Now every war, treaty and passing on of a pack has to go through you guys. I alone cannot stop the wars because that would require continuous contact with every Alpha, and i am not allowed to have that. So i have given you and you alone the ability to communicate with me. Like every other  Lycan you will die after a thousand years but the ability will be passed down to your children."
"Alexis, but how she is a fox not a wolf" i whisper to myself but she heard it.
"She will become a mix between the two, she will figure out why she was gifted with a fox and that will help her embrace her lycan. Now your Lycan is trying to come out, this will bring your mates Lycan out as well. You need to let it happen, give her control and don't fight the shift. She will know how to save him. " and with that she was gone and i was back in the clearing. Doing what she said i gave my Lycan control and she shifted, she licked Ryder's wounds. We waited for something to happen and while we waited i looked at Ryder's wolf and noticed that he had changed, his Lycan came out. When i looked at his neck where the wound was, i noticed it was no longer there.
In the corner of my eye i saw one of the rogues try and come up behind me, this made me furious. I let out a growl so loud that even i was shocked by the power it held and instantly everyone in the clearing was bowing for me.