Chapter 13

Nikki's POV

******
1 year later

This past year has been very eventful. I've gone through training, had to use my Luna skills a few times, I discovered that my special abilities are speed, strength, stealth and combat. Who would have guessed I would be good at combat.(Note the sarcasm). I've also gone through heat a few times which happened to be very, very eventful.

I am now sitting in the bathroom with Kiara and Khensi and I'm about to lose my shit. For the past month I haven't been on heat or my period, which no one seemed to notice because we have all been busy trying to find out who the new Alpha in town is. My timer goes off telling me that it's time to check the test.

******

"I have to tell him. It's only fair that I tell him I took the test atleast I would want to know if it were me, wheather I was pregnant or not, I have to tell him." I went towards his office when my phone goes off, I take it out of my pocket and open the notification
"You can run but you can't hide! Just be prepared because I'm coming!-R"
I just stared at the message, reading it over and over again. Then my phone dropped. As if he could sense my distress or he heard my phone, Ryder comes out of his office and runs straight towards me.
"Babe, are you ok?" He asked, his features full of concern. All I can do is just stare at the phone, if I speak I'm worried my voice will come out as more of a cry rather than my normal voice. Once his eyes finally see the phone that I'm staring at, he picks it up and reads the message. He reads it over and over again just like I did but instead of dropping the phone, he let's out a protective growl. He pulled me into a tight hug and I cried against his chest.

******
It's been a day since I received the message. Ryder ordered 4 of the packs best fighters to protect me, so now I'm sitting on the couch trying to watch a movie while contemplating on how to tell Ryder about the test but I'm not alone, I thought he was kidding when he told me about the bodyguards but he wasn't. They are all sitting here on high alert while watching a movie. During the movie the doorbell rings so one of the guys, I think his name is Shawn, went to get it but he came back with a package in his hand addressed to me.
We took it up to Ryder's office so he could also see what's in it, I have no clue why he has to see what's in it but anyways. We sit around waiting for him to finish up in a meeting, anticipation is slowly killing me. I want to know what is in the box so fucking badly.
About an hour later we enter Ryder's office and he opens the box.
Inside the box is a pair of baby boots with a note saying
'Isn't there something you want to tell him?'
I read the note over and over again before my mouth drops open in surprise.
"OUT!" Ryder shouts at everyone in the office but me, they practically run out the room.
"So is there something you want to tell me?" He questioned
I just look at him and then back to the box and then back at him
In a tone that is barely audible and hearable I say,
"I'm pregnant."