Chapter 24

Ryder's POV

Later that day I went to the room only to find it empty and some of my mates stuff gone. What if she ran away? What if she got captured? I am trying to calm down and start thinking rationally.
"Alpha, she is with us don't worry." Khensi mind-linked me. "Do you see what I mean. Now she won't even sleep in the same room as us. You better explain what happened." My wolf is extremely angry at me now. Maybe a bit of rest might help me think the whole thing through.

******

I can't find her and I've looked all over the house. I've looked in the forest right outside the pack house, in the kitchen, in our room, by the pool and in the gym. I even asked Kiara and Khensi but they said that they didn't know where she is. I need to find her so I can explain what happened in my office that day. It is getting late now and I am getting tired from all the running today.
During  the night I felt the bed dip and the tingles she left when she touched my skin.

******

All I can feel is the bed shaking and a sweaty person next to me. I am trying to calm her down but she won't stop shaking. All of a sudden she shots up, screaming. Im worried about her. Whats happening? Does it have something to do with the pregnancy? Was she having a bad dream? Was that wolf in her dream again?
"Baby, what's wrong?" I just hope she will answer me. She just stares at me in shock
"Oh thank god Ryder, you're ok." She said her voice filled with relief as she jumped on my lap and hugged me as if there was no tommorow.
"Baby whats wrong? What happened? Was it a bad dream? Was the wo-" i was cut off when her lips met mine. All i felt were the sparks and everything i was thinking about just vanished. Just as i was about to deepen the kiss she pulled away.
"Its not easy to get your attention when you are in a panic." She said to me, her eyes going from their lustful black colour to their normal colour
"What do you mean? You werent even trying to talk." Now I'm confused because she wasn't talking.
"I did for like 10 minutes but you wouldnt stop asking questions. I can't even remember how many questions you asked."
I just stared at her because I don't remember asking all those questions and it didn't feel like 10 minutes had past.
"Ok, so let me try and explain the dream." She said
"Ok" She shifted in her spot and likked directly at me
"The first part of the dream was nice, we were just laying in bed and spending the day with our kids. The second part of the dream was where i started to feel scared, this alarm went off, warning us about an attack, so i put the children in the bunker and went to go and help fight. After a bit of fighting, I heard this howl, it was a painful howl, that no one else seemed to register but me... It was your howl, Ryder."
I don't know what to say to her. I don't even know what to think.