Chapter 23

Ryder's POV

This morning i woke up early but im not sure why, my wolf was just feeling uneasy. I didnt want to wake up my beautiful mate that is sleeping peacefully next to me, for two reasons- 1)she needs her sleep because she is pregnant and, 2) if I did wake her up this early in the morning I would be six feet under. I got out of bed as quietly as possible and made my way to the shower.

******

I am now sitting in my office when I hear a knock on the door, I jump a bit. My wolf is really starting to worry me because I have absolutely no idea why he is so nervous and to top it all off he hasn't spoken to me all day.
"Come in!" All I said because I knew exactly who it was, and I don't think I really want to listen to her talking non-stop.
"What do u want?" I asked her in a bored tone.
"Baby, why are you so grumpy all of a sudden." Just that sentence made me annoyed with her
"Stop calling me that, I'm not your baby or your mate and get out of my office." She is now standing extremely close to me. I'm about to get up from my chair when my door bursts open. I know exactly who it is because as soon as she enters the room her scent engulfs me. "I'm going shopping today." With that she turns on her heel and was about to leave the office but Taylor thought it was a good idea to speak up.
"Are you just going to let her talk to you like that, baby?" She asks me. I can sense that my mate was trying not to lose control. I can feel the irritation through the bond.
"Excuse me." Nikki asked, still trying not to lose control.
"Don't flatter yourself, I wasn't talking to you." Taylor says to in such a confident way that Nikki looked like a deer caught in headlights.
"And I don't give a fuck about who you were talking to, I am talking to you so show some fucking respect." Nikki says, letting her anger get the best of her.
"I asked RYDER if he was just going to let you talk to him like that." Taylor says, growing even more confident.
"Well seeing that you are too slow to understand this, I'm going to fill you in. I am Ryder's mate not you, that makes me the Luna of the pack not you and I will dame well do as I please with or without Ryders permission. Did you get that or do I need to say it slower for you to get it through your thick skull?"
Now Taylor is the one that looks like a deer caught in headlights. With that she gave me a look, turned on her heel and left.
"You idiot now she is going to be angry at both of us even though I didn't do anything." I was suprised to hear his(my wolf) voice but I didnt show it
"Well at least we both got to witness our mate being all bossy and protective, and damn that was hot.